Thoughts on buying used Jenn Air wall oven? (W30400P)

brandonbFebruary 27, 2013

Hi everyone,

We're looking to do a minor remodel on our kitchen. We first were just planning to partially knock down a wall between our kitchen and living area, adding a granite bar where the wall was, and then adding a pantry for additional storage at the other end of the kitchen. However, we've just started discussing upgrading the appliances while we're at it if we can do it fairly economically. I found a great deal on a Jenn Air W30400P stainless steel wall oven. I couldn't find much online about this model and read some unfavorable reviews regarding Jenn Air given their transitions from Maytag to Whirlpool. Does anyone have any opinions on this oven?

Also, for reference, here are the other appliances we'd do. Please feel free to comment on these if you have any thoughts.
Fridge - Samsung 18cu ft (RF197ACRS) - Only fridge available that is 33" wide to fit our space and counter depth
Cook top - Debating between 30" Gas Bosch 800 series or GE Cafe - Opinions?
Microwave - GE Profile Spacemaker II (We're building it into our cabinets so needed something that was the right depth)
Dishwasher - Currently have Bosch and plan on keeping it

Thanks for the help everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pheasantfarmer

I had this oven - the baking capability was fine, but I had to have the control panel replaced. What really irked me is that steam comes out those vents in the front whenever the oven is in use and it would stream right up the front of the cabinet above it. It was very noticable - guests would always think something was on fire.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 7:06PM
brandonb

Thanks for the response. It's not my top choice of oven, however we can get it for $150, used in good condition. (See picture) The steam issue is very odd though. That alone my make me look somewhere else.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 11:15PM
springroz

I had that same oven, and also needed to have the control panel replaced. I had only used it a few times because it was my second oven, but I could only use three of the numbers! I cannot remember what the estimate was to fix it, sorry.

Nancy

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 6:48AM
live_wire_oak

Only buy it if it can be hooked up to be sure the control panel works. That is their Achilles heel. And that's why you shouldn't use the self clean feature with them as it fries the control panel.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 10:32AM
More Discussions
Granite countertop color question
My wife and I just bought some granite countertops. In...
dsm1995gst
Northern Jersey/Big Apple
I am going to be in this area for a couple weeks. I...
a2gemini
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Echelon Cabinets (formerly Armstron Allwood)
What do you all think of their quality and value? I...
Inneedofkitchen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™