iron shelves from 'Costco'

natalija_gardenerApril 29, 2010

I am planning on organizing the garage stuff. We have a lot of things in it. We do not use it for cars now.I saw some sturdy shelves in Costco and thinking about buying them. do you reccomend them? Or should I check other stores? I am very new to "organizing garage" thing so I need your advise:-))

Thanks a lot for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cocontom

I trust Costco more than just about any other store (DrinkupNY.com and FabricMart.com are the only other two that come close, but they don't really overlap business models!). They might not always be the absolute cheapest, but they'll at least be low priced for the quality.

I described it to my mom after we joined as "We're not saving any money, but we are getting better stuff."

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 3:30PM
bspofford

If you are thinking about shelving for your storage, buy the strongest shelves you can. Both Costco and Sam's have good sturdy shelves. Avoid the plastic shelves, as they won't bear a heavy load.

Barbara

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 11:39AM
talley_sue_nyc

Also, try to buy a set of shelving that offers you the opportunity to order an extra shelf. Most shelving units have a lot of wasted "headroom" when they're filled up. Spacing the shelves more closely allows you to create storage without piling stuff on top of other stuff. Even if you end up w/ a very short interval, that will be very useful.

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 1:23PM
dian57

We found a great shelf system at Sam's Club. It's sturdy, metal and made for a commercial place, like a gas station but it's perfect for what we need. It's 6 shelves high (top about 12" from our 8' ceiling), 4' x 18". Had the name of a large animal--Elephant or Rhino, perhaps. Only $65.

I just hope they still have more when I start reorganizing my garage this summer.

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
More organizing for my Mom
My Mom's apartment has cheap, inefficient kitchen cabinets....
annkh_nd
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™