Paperstone dish drainer?

Stranger_In_The_AlpsFebruary 6, 2013

We are pretty much sold on paperstone counters for our kitchen remodel. My DW had the idea of having grooves cut into the counter next to the sink for a built-in dishdrainer affect (like they used to do with cast-iron sink/counter combos). Has anyone ever seen this done or know if it's even possible? Or is it advisable with paperstone--it's supposed to be nonporous but I'm not sure it could stand up to this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fouramblues

Ooh, ooh, I have that! Love my runnels. The Paperstone does darken when I let water stand on it overnight, but the color returns to normal a couple hours after I dry it off.

I'll give you my opinion on Paperstone, even though you didn't ask. I like it very much, and would put it in my kitchen all over again. The color is so rich, and the surface feels incredibly smooth. But scratches are pretty obvious. My counters haven't yet achieved an overall patina, so the scratches might recede eventually. (The counters have been in only since July.) And the one seam I have is also quite visible. That might be partly because of the inexperience of my installer.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 2:11PM
Stranger_In_The_Alps

Oooo, that looks great, fouramblues! And I think that's a similar finish to what we are looking at--kind of a burled darker brown. And now I have a new vocab word: runnels.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 5:15PM
fouramblues

Thanks, Stranger! Yup, runnels. Isn't GW terrific? (I'd never heard of them before GW, either.) Hope you LOVE your countertops when you get them!

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
Do I need drywall behind cabinets?
I am building a counter-height knee wall between my...
DIY2Much2Do
Soapstone in the Midwest/St. Louis area?
Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for the past year,...
designsaavy
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™