My new (old) favorite store

marie26March 8, 2008

I had lived in Taiwan about 8 years ago and brought back housewares and plastic organizational containers from there. I've been lugging these around with me ever since because I thought I'd never find the same quality in North America.

I recently moved to Vancouver and found a store nearby called Daiso. Many of the items are from Japan and it has everything I'd seen in Taiwan and more. The best part is that most of the items are only $1.50 each (in the U.S.) and $2.00 here in Canada. Their site says they are expanding into the $5.00 to $10.00 range. Apparently, this is a worldwide chain and it presently has stores in Washington State and California.

While at the store, I felt that I had been transported back in time, a very nostalgic experience for me. It made me wonder why I felt the need to stock up on so many of these items years ago when I can now just buy what I really need.

If you can, check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daiso

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy

Marie26 (and anyone else interested) - check out www.creativespacesusa.com - never seen so many neat organizing toys in one place before! Even if you don't buy anything, you might get some good ideas there.

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 7:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

I understand why you stocked up, though. You haven't been able to find those things in the past 8 years, have you? You were moving to a completely different continent and thought you wouldn't be able to get them. And you haven't. Until now. There's only 1 store in Canada, after all.

There are 9 in America, but only on the west coast--Washington and California.

I've had so many things I like discontinued that I'm often tempted to stock up when I find something that *works*.

Lucy, CreativeSpacesUSA.com has gone out of business, and that domain name will soon be owned by Organize.com.

Bookmark   March 10, 2008 at 11:38AM
More Discussions
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
Large closet advice
I'm turning a spare bedroom into a dressing room and...
helsharmar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™