Resolutions, revisited, and some new ones.
Hi all - looks like some big things happening here at the forum, with Tally Sue selling her apt., and Susan getting new furniture and all!! Busy busy busy!! :-)
I've really been trying to get more organized lately - I'm lazy, and that's the only reason that I'm *not* organized at the moment (which is silly, since being more organized would allow me to be more lazy). I just looked at the resolutions I posted here back in January, and realized I've only even *started* on one of them, and it's already the last day of March! Egads! My resolutions are/were:
1. Make the bed every morning
2. Donate all the old aquariums in the storage room to charity (our local Zoo needs them)
3. Donate all extra blankets to our local animal shelter
4. Use the yarn in my "yarn closet" to crochet scrap afghans, hats, and scarves to be donated to the Women and Family shelter, and dog blankets to be sold at craft shows
5. Clean out my closets again so that all remaining clothing fits and is worn on a regular basis, aside from a few nice dresses/suits for "dress occasions".
6. Clean out the coat closet and donate to the fall coat drive
7. Re-organize and maintain a funtional filing cabinet
The only one of these I've started is number 5, which has resulted in a *slightly* cleaner closet, and two bags of clothes sitting beside the closet waiting to be taken away. Obviously just starting the task wasn't enough - I should have set a delivery date for myself with that one. And while I'm at it, the other tasks would probably benefit from a "due date" as well...
So I'm "re-resolving" to get these things done, and the first thing I'm going to do is schedule deadlines for all of them. Not just major deadlines for when they need to be finished, but minor ones too, like cleaning the aquariums to donate, and sorting through 5 folders of the filing cabinet, etc. I just bought a new PDA (personal digital assistant) this week to replace my heavy planner (switched to a smaller purse too - my shoulder is very grateful), and I'm pleasantly surprised at how useful it is compared to the last one I had - either they've changed or I have (I did do a lot of research before choosing one), but either way, I'm going to make full use of the scheduling and calendar functions, and the contact catagories are life-saving, already.
I've also decided I need to be more organized about cleaning/housekeeping too, as I've gotten rather lax about that as well. So I think I'll start up with Flylady again, just for awhile, until I can get back into some good routines again. It's easy to let things slide until company's coming, but I really would like to wake up to a clean kitchen again for a change. I've really gotten out of my good habits in the past year. It's about time I got off my rear and back into the "organized life" again.
So, anyone else need to "re-resolve" or regroup? Anyone making progress? Let's hear about it! :-)