Drawer organizers

olenaMarch 4, 2006

Hello,

I am new here. I have this urge to organize my bathroom drawers. Did anybody come across high qualty drawer organizers I can put hairbrushes, lipsticks etc?

Regards,

Olena

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Welcome! There's a really good group of people here.

Depending on your preferences and budget, I've seen plastic organizers and (painted) metal mesh ones. You might want to look at the organizers they sell for silverware drawers; some of them are adjustable and others can be assembled into a few different configurations.

Bookmark   March 4, 2006 at 9:42PM
Julie_MI_Z5

LOL... I'm no help... There's not a single drawer in either of our bathrooms!

Bookmark   March 5, 2006 at 6:58AM
olena

WOW, Julie_mi_z5! Where do you keep all that staff? It seems I need few thousand items to be handy in my bathroom and I consider myself a very down-to-the-earth, low maintenance women.
Steve_o, do you happen to know where do I go to shop (preferably online)for those. My budget is unlimited (after all how much they could cost, and because it is for me).I have seen some online, but they look kind of cheap, it is hard to see on the picture.

Regards,

Olena

Bookmark   March 5, 2006 at 8:40AM
steve_o

I don't have any experience buying these on-line, but I would look at Web sites for Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, and Web sites that specialize in "organization". There probably even are links from some of the "get-organized" sites on the Web.

Bookmark   March 6, 2006 at 9:26AM
talley_sue_nyc

I would buy the Rubbermaid ones--they're thin, so they don't take up that much space for themselves ("thin" isn't necessarily "flimsy"--a thick Plexiglas or wood will take away some of our storage space).

They're squared off (mostly), so have more usable space. They come in several sizes, so easily configurable (though they don't come in the "1 unit x 2 units" size I wish they did).

Depending where you are, I'd aim for HoldEverything, the Container Store, Bed Bath & Beyond.

Sometimes cosmetics or beauty-product stores have stuff like this.

There's also custom--these folks are a reliable business (I've ordered non-custom stuff from them), and they'll make you something exactly the way you want.

There are often local places like this (in the business-to-business yellow pages), too.

Or a woodworker can easily make you one from wood.

Here is a link that might be useful: custom acrylic drawer organizers

Bookmark   March 6, 2006 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Organizing vs. Cleaning?
Have discovered in the last few weeks that I get a...
des_arc_ya_ya
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
Are Lazy Susans useless or is it just me?
I'm in the process of revamping underutilized areas...
Mmmbeeer
What to do with hundreds of CDs
I have nice storage boxes filled with hundreds of CDs...
janeway452
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™