a cool 'gadget' for your wallet

talley_sue_nycMarch 26, 2008

Rummaging around in the links on Jason's blog, I found a reference to this thing called a wallet buddy.

Basically, it's a little envelope (you print their PDF out on paper, cut it out, fold it, and glue it together) sized just right for your debit card or credit card.

Then when you pull out your plastic to buy something, the list will remind you to think again about whether you need to spend the money.

You could use this to hold gift cards, too, and then just write the amount that's left (though the folks at Barnes&Noble do that right on your card w/ a Sharpie)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
claire_de_luna

That is cool. Although I don't really have a problem with overspending, I like the ''advice'' on the sleeve, and a reminder never hurts. I often keep only one credit card in my bag, and I like having something to slip it into that doesn't require a wallet; this works well. I also like the idea of putting a gift card into this. Thanks! I've printed, cut and pasted and am bookmarked for the future.

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 10:28PM
talley_sue_nyc

This one is much more "ecology" oriented, than money oriented, actually.

But if you wanted, you could copy their outline, and put in your own text.

Like "You're saving for Aruba!" on your credit/debit card(s), or "Buy something frivolous" on a gift card you're giving away.

You could make a new one for each week, and write the amounts you spend, on it. That would let you keep a closer track on what you're spending.

Bookmark   March 27, 2008 at 9:56AM
speedqueen

Thanks for posting this, I love it. I think it will help curb impulsive, unnecessary buying - especially at Target, where I just run around wildly throwing stuff into my cart. The things you buy really do reflect your goals and values. It's easy to forget that sometimes, and I like this little reminder! Thanks again!

Bookmark   April 12, 2008 at 3:21PM
More Discussions
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
"You Need a 'Waiting' Folder"--AskAManager has great advice
This is not just work--this would be great on a personal...
talley_sue_nyc
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
Anyone know of good boxes (plastic?) for storing papers?
I've been purging DD's school work and paper crafts...
quasifish
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™