Closets in No. Cal.

bestefarMarch 17, 2007

We are putting hardwood floors in our bedroom and laundry area. We have demoed the previous (reach in) closet insert and shelving in the laundry area. The new floors are beautiful. They just got their first coat of stain/sealer today. I'm looking for a closet company with an excellent reputation for installation. Do it ourselves is also possible if the product is right. The last thing I want is for some closet installer to trash my new floors. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bellamay

The most important part of closet organization it the design. Make sure that you find someone who will listen to what you want and not just throw the status quo closet inserts at you. A well designed closet can make or break you bedroom, and day. Make a list of everything you want to store in your closet and throw out about half of it! The advice I am giving you comes from a lot of experience.(especially about the downsizing of your stuff) We just finished installing a closet that was well over 100k and the owner are thrilled because it functions so well.

There is a internet site where you can submit your closet dimensions and they will design your space for free. Then you can purchase the components from them or someone else and do the install

Good luck!

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 7:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bestefar

Thank you for your reply. We've already thrown or given away a lot of stuff. Could you please provide the name or link to the website that allows design? It would be greatly appreciated.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
I'm hoarding gluten-free food!
I was diagnosed w/ celiac a couple of years ago; I...
talley_sue_nyc
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
Sponsored Products
Urban Living Series Custom Wine Cellar 8 Foot Package - Option 6
Wine Cellar Innovations
Indoor 5-light Antique Bronze White Shade Flush Mount Chandelier
Overstock.com
Mobile File Ottomans
Grandin Road
George Kovacs | Hooked LED Flush Mount
$290.00 | YLighting
Artcraft Coventry 12" Wide Chrome Pendant Light
Lamps Plus