Organizing toothbrushes

bugaboomdcFebruary 6, 2005

I was reading this site and thought I would post this problem that I am having. The children's bathroom also serves as a guest bath and I don't like the toothbrushes lounging around the sink. The children brush better with battery operated toothbrushes but because of their size (the toothbrushes, not the kids, LOL) they don't fit into a holder. Can anyone suggest something to store them in by the sink so the area doesn't look so cluttered but they can also dry properly? There are 3 of them laying around. The only storage is under the sink (YUK) or in the linen closet which I also don't like the idea of and I also don't think I could actually get them to open up that door to put them away after each use.

I also don't think, for sanitary reasons, they should just be laying by the sink.

Thank you in advance,

Char

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mvastian

Why use the traditional toothbrush holders that are too narrow or, even worse, have those tiny holes? You could just utilize a wide mouthed mug or jar.

Maria

Bookmark   February 7, 2005 at 3:26AM
trekaren

I think a mug is a great idea!

I use regular toothbrushes but even they sometimes have wide handles, especially the kid ones.

My pet peeve is traditional holders get gross inside, and it is impossible to clean them. I was going to use a cup or mug, but I recently went with this model in all our bathrooms.

My new toothbrush holders

Bookmark   February 7, 2005 at 8:08AM
talley_sue_nyc

I saw a toothbrush holder at Bed Bath & Beyond that was straight sided, w/ big rectangular holes for battery-powered toothbrushes. It only held 3, so I didn't get it for us (plus I don't have much in the way of flat surfaces by my sink).

I couldn't find that one on their web site, but I did find this one; I wonder if its holes would be OK for battery-powered toothbrushes. And maybe the big hole could hold the toothbrush.

I'm gonna have to drop a note to the MSEverday design folks!

(I put my toothbrush holder in the dishwasher)

Here is a link that might be useful: toothbrush holder w/ bigger holes (it looks like)

Bookmark   February 7, 2005 at 9:50AM
More Discussions
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
Organizing vs. Cleaning?
Have discovered in the last few weeks that I get a...
des_arc_ya_ya
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™