looking for easy cabinet to trash pull out converter...

ncdelFebruary 12, 2013

I want to make one of my regular cabinets into a trash pull out, with the door attached so you just put the door out (you know what I mean). I feel like I'm finding info online & on gardenweb about kits to install the sliders and can inside a cabinet but I'm not seeing much about attaching it to the door to make it a true pull out... I'm not especially handy but if there is an easy kit to do this, I would love to know about it! I am having hardware installed on my cabinets & it will be different if I can do a pullout so I am trying to figure this out quickly.
I haven't measured but I think the cabinets are sort of standard framed cabinets (I think they are framed anyway... there is a piece of wood between the 2 sides with only one shelf on those that are adjoining.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fouramblues

DH is building me a tall drawer with dividers for my cutting boards, to which we'll attach glides and the cabinet door. I bought the rev-a-shelf rv dm17 door mount kit for this. I wish I could give you a review, but we haven't installed it yet. Might be a starting point for your search, though.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 9:52AM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

This is the inexpensive mounting kit that I used. No problems, just make sure that your door is thick enough that the screws don't push through.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 10:14AM
lee676

Hafele has several varities that can be retrofitted, including several types of single or double pull-out trash cans, trash cans attached to the door with lids that automatically open when the door is swung open and shut when it's closed, and even some operated by foot pedals. I've used the second type several times and they're very well made. Also check Rev-A-Shelf and Lee Valley (neither as well made, but cheaper).

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Cabinet Trash Bins

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™