Thing in the drawers

rabbit8February 27, 2005

What sort of things/organize in the dresser/chesser drawers ( socks, pants, shirt, blouses or whatever)do you place in your drawers. What clothing do you hangup in the closet?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
des_arc_ya_ya

Drawer stuff: DH's underwear, socks, handkerchiefs and everyday t-shirts

My underwear and socks are stored in small baskets in a cabinet underneath the bathroom sink. My t-shirts and sweaters are folded and are stored in some stackable box/basket type thingies in the closet.

We hang jeans, pants, shirts, dresses, skirts and jackets in the closets.

Bookmark   February 27, 2005 at 5:06PM
Denise_NZ

Basically the same as Ya Ya!

Underwear, socks, tshirts, shorts, pjs in drawers.

Shirts, trousers, skirts (don't own any dresses!), jackets all hung. Don't have a closet either, so I have one of those free standing hanger thingys.

Bookmark   February 28, 2005 at 1:08AM
trekaren

I know the Addams family kept Thing in the drawers!

Bookmark   February 28, 2005 at 8:52AM
joann23456

I keep underwear, socks, pantyhose, and sweaters in drawers. Dresses, skirts, blouses, t-shirts and jackets are hung.

Bookmark   February 28, 2005 at 8:55AM
des_arc_ya_ya

Well, hey - I think I've still got, oh, maybe, a dress or two! LOL I know I have some skirts. I HAVE them, I just don't WEAR them much!

Bookmark   February 28, 2005 at 9:28AM
steve_o

Everything is in drawers except for button-down shirts, trousers, sweaters (usually too bulky for drawers), and jackets/suits/ties (which, according to the laws of decluttering, ought to be given away because I've worn one suit maybe three times in the last five years).

Bookmark   February 28, 2005 at 10:19AM
apoem

Everything hung up except underwear, sweaters so they won't get ruined by hangers, and nightgowns.

G

Bookmark   March 1, 2005 at 10:15PM
talley_sue_nyc

what a concept--hanging up your underwear. Do you suppose there's anybody who does?

Bookmark   March 1, 2005 at 10:39PM
JanS

In closet drawers: sweaters (turtlenecks, scoop, V-necks and the big bulky ones in their own drawer, but which should go since I don't really wear them anymore)

In chest-of-drawers: undies, black socks, gym socks, knock-about-house and sleep tee-shirts, gym clothes, jeans, sweats and shorts

Hangup: main tee-shirts, everyday shirts, sweatshirts, dress shirts, and the occasional skirt (which I never wear and should go according to the laws of de-cluttering :)

Also, an interesting thing I noticed when I did my closets: I have NO dresses. Somewhere in a purge not too long ago they all got gone. I can't believe it. I was a little over-zealous on one of those purges. Now I need (at some point) a new "black dress" or what I call my Weddings and Funerals dress. Can you tell I don't dress up? Casual all the way...

Cheers,
--jans

Bookmark   March 2, 2005 at 2:15PM
More Discussions
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
Best life lesson I ever learned
Best life lesson I ever learned was at 25 years old...
swissmissmama
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™