opinions on jewelry organizers

lots2doFebruary 25, 2006

Hi,

I am getting a new night stand and am thinking of ordering those plastic jewelry trays that can organize your jewelry. They are a little pricey but I really need to store these items in a more efficient way. I already have a wooden hanging rack for earrings. Anyone of you have these? I'd like pros and cons,please, before I take the plunge!

Lots2do

PS and it looks like they can stack.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

Jamie from Montana bought those; I think she was pretty pleased with them. Maybe she'll chime in.

I don't have room in my nightstand; I've found that one of those hanging bags w/ the teeny plastic pockets works well for me. Or, well enough anyway, considered what has already reserved all the space in the nightstand.

Good luck!

Bookmark   February 25, 2006 at 10:08PM
quiltglo

Don't forget to check the office supply stores. They have lots of in-drawer comparmentalized type things. Several I've seen will slide several layers with small box areas.

Gloria

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 12:49AM
lots2do

Thank you!
Kelly

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 6:46PM
joann23456

I got this idea from someone else - maybe someone here - but I use ice cube trays. They work great, stack, and are cheap.

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 12:52AM
teacats

http://www.organize.com/

Check out the acrylic jewelry organizers there -- there are some that are lined too! And on sale too!

Yes -- for less expensive ideas for storage -- check out shops like Big Lots, Target etc. for plastic drawers/storage.

Also check out ideas like using a fisherman's storage or tackle box.

Or check shops like Home Depot for storage chests that are used for organizing the garage (nails, nuts, bolts etc.)

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 12:28PM
lots2do

Thank you, Teacakes, will do!
Kelly

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 8:45PM
postum

I got a jewlery armoire at a garage sale for my dd for $10 - she uses it for hair clips, scrunchies, etc. She also has quite a lot of jewelry for a six year old! It might cost less to buy an armoire than to buy individual organizers.

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 10:18PM
Julie_MI_Z5

Postum,

I am so jealous that a 6 year old has an armoire and I don't! LOL I'm definitely going to tell everyone I know to watch for one at a garage sale this summer.

Bookmark   March 2, 2006 at 5:20AM
musicteacher

I have a nice jewelry box but most of my wear often jewelry I prefer to hang on the wall. I got some cute little boards with four silver pegs and hang all my long necklaces and bracelets from them. If it is not on the wall I seldom remember to wear it. Other seasonal jewelry is in one of those hanging pocket organizers in the closet.

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
Large closet advice
I'm turning a spare bedroom into a dressing room and...
helsharmar
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™