Liquid Soap vs Hand Lotion

lov2gardenFebruary 15, 2010

I want to have pretty pump bottles on my sinks for hand soap and lotion but I have two problems:

1. Some of those pretty pump bottles don't have enough power to dispense some liquid soaps and I find I have to dilute them. What can I do to thin a lotion, if necessary?

2. How do people tell the soap pump from the lotion pump? I've had people try to wash with the lotion and then try to use the soap as lotion! I don't really want to label them.

How do you solve these issues?

Much thanks! Barbara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

You can thin a lotion with a cosmetics-grade oil, or just buy one that is thin enough to pump.

Labels are about the only thing I can think of that will prevent confusion.

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 10:31AM
oilpainter

I don't use pump lotion. My favorite lotion doesn't come in a pump. However my soap dispenser is always white in both the bathroom and kitchen. If I were to keep both I would make some of those beaded glass identifiers that they use for wine glasses, with a big bead in the center that I could write either an L for lotion or a s for soap. They have gold or silver pens that would work for that, just make sure the bead is not too glossy or it won't take the ink. They could even match the rooms decor.

Anyway that's my idea. If you like it then go for it

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 9:43PM
marie26

THis is off topic but since you're discussing liquid soap I wanted to share this tip I found online. Liquid soap easily gets stuck zippers unstuck. Just put a small dab on your finger tip and rub on the stuck portion of the zipper. It works like a charm.

Bookmark   February 16, 2010 at 10:44PM
callie25

If this is for the bathroom and you have a nice size countertop, place the soap pump really close to the sink & place the lotion pump in the center of the countertop (away from the soap pumps).

Bookmark   March 4, 2010 at 6:55AM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

You might want to know that soap and lotion will corrode the metals on most of those pretty bottles, fast. I was replacing the NICE soap bottles in kitchen and bathrooms every 6-10 months because the metal got really yucky.
I did finally come up with solutions that worked for me but I thought you might want to be forewarned.

Bookmark   March 4, 2010 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
New cubicle. Organization and decorating help
Recently started a new job and now have a cubicle....
kaitie09
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
Sponsored Products
Farberware High Performance Stainless Steel 1-quart Covered Straining Saucepan
Overstock.com
Tom Dixon | Base Table Lamp
$710.00 | YLighting
Campania International Small Left Facing Temple Foo Dog Cast Stone Garden Statue
$54.99 | Hayneedle
Reflections Microfiber Placemats (Set of 12)
Overstock.com
Thermocast Kitchen Wentworth Drop-in Acrylic 25x22x9 2-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen
Home Depot
Campania International Small Coral Cast Stone Planter - P-633-AL
$144.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™