I Started Something Helps Me Alot

bulldinkieFebruary 19, 2012

You know how someone like drs.office calls gives time ,Date you write it on piece of paper,usually lose it.I get a ringed note book every year.Anything I need to remember from dates,times,even a recipe I write it in this book so I know where it is.Made my life alot easier.Its fun to read them later.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gr8daygw

That's a great idea!

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 8:12AM
talley_sue_nyc

I wanted to say--the biggest thing is that it's *working* for you!

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 4:34PM
Goldens1

That is smart, the key for me at work has always been the same thing. At home, I'm less good about it and I don't know why.

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 9:57PM
joann23456

I put it all on a single note in Evernote on my cell phone. But as Tally Sue says, the important thing is for each person to find what will work for them.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 2:33PM
mustangs81

Many years ago our manager gave us each a 5" X 7" spiral journal book and asked that we all use it to keep notes.

So I am on board with your method and have carried that habit to this day. If only I could get DH to STOP writing on any and all pieces of paper--from bills to greeting cards.

*The thing about my manager, later she purchased each of us a Palm Pilot then chastised me for using the journal and said I was resistant to change.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 8:43PM
talley_sue_nyc

I tried to use a Palm, using the "grafiti" language, etc., but I found it was just too slow.

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 7:52AM
joann23456

Tally Sue, I agree that electronic lists are slower than paper ones. For me, though, I like that I never lose it and that I always have it with me, because it's right on my phone. It's worth the slightly longer input time, for me.

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 4:17PM
talley_sue_nyc

I think my problem was I was trying to use it as a notebook.

I haven't built the habit of using my phone or my iPod Touch as an organizer or calendar yet.

I *do* keep notes in the iPod Touch about gift ideas, restaurants we drive by, measurements for something I need to buy, etc.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 10:29AM
jomuir

What a good idea, I tend to write on scrips & scraps & it adds clutter as well as a lot of lost notes.

I've had palm pilots since they came out but sadly have never used them much for shopping lists or calendar function. I do use it to store the passcode to work alarm, and have a long list of books I want to read so it's handy when I'm at the library or even looking around amazon.com for kindle books.

But it's too small to read for me anymore w/o glasses & much faster to hand write a grocery list than to type on the tiny keys. I suppose if I went to the trouble of typing it on the pc then sync to the phone but that's not really a time saver for me. There are a few shopping templates for palms I've tried over the years & they take so much time to customize it's never been worth it to me, I get impatient I guess.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 12:32PM
More Discussions
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
The ultimate organizer
Two words: WORKSHOP PEGBOARD !!!!!! :)
lazy_gardens
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™