Closet Kit- Martha Stewart Living VS Easy Track

jasiFebruary 22, 2013

Martha Stewart Living Closets @ Home Depot
VS.
Easy Track

Has anyone had experience with either of these two? I'd love input on cost, installation, design and how well they've held up. Please give me your ideas and comments! =D

I want to say in advance that I really appreciate your time and consideration but please only reply with thoughts on either of these two closet sets. I'm aware but not interested in other brands right now. Thanks a lot!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I'm shopping around for closet products and stared at these two versions for a while at Home Depot. Both of these products cut up the space into sections, so they won't work for me.

They look remarkably similar. The HD displays are mounted high, so you get no sense of how well they will hold up to wear.

You can look at their on-line installation instructions. As a DIYer, I feel I could put them together. Compare the warranties on the two products. That can be an indication of how long the manufacturer thinks they will last.

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 9:06AM
jannie

A Professional Organizer told me she doesn't like most closet systems, unless the shelves are solid (wood or particle board). Wire shelving tends to break. Just look carefully at the materials before you buy.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 8:21AM
leafy02

Our home has wire shelving closet systems installed by the previous owner eleven years ago. They look like the kinds from Home Depot to me, but I don't know what brand. They have held up very well and are all in good shape--nothing broken or peeling or loose. That said, they are used for storing clothes, blankets, sleeping bags, etc. and not boxes of items, so hard surfaces might wear on them differently.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 10:11AM
More Discussions
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
"You Need a 'Waiting' Folder"--AskAManager has great advice
This is not just work--this would be great on a personal...
talley_sue_nyc
But I was all set to declutter the soup tureen!
I was given a soup tureen at my bridal shower. It's...
talley_sue_nyc
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™