old plastic tiles

nick1862March 30, 2009

Hi, I am still looking for aqua or mint green 50's plastic wall tile. I have bought and resold four sets of wrong color tiles on ebay since I last posted. I need 50 or more really bad! Thanks, Nick.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housekeeping

Nick,

Contact the Historic Albany Foundation, Albany NY. They operate an old-house salvage warehouse and I think if you mailed them a piece of what you are looking for, they might be able to match from their considerable stock of plastic tiles in blue/aqua, etc.

The warehouse is only open late in the week and on Saturdays, but I think they answer the phone at the office during business hours.

This is an email addy for them: climniatis INSERT AT SYMBOL, NO SPACES historic-albany DOT org This is the email for the communications director, MS C Limniatis. (I am purposely trying to be cryptic and not add to her spam load.)

Other contact info:
Historic Albany Foundation
89 Lexington Avenue
Albany NY 12206

I haven't been there since last year, so their stock may have changed, but they usually have a lot of tile.

Good luck!

Molly~

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 2:16AM
nick1862

Could there really be light at the end of my tunnel? This sounds promising,I'll get in touch with them. Thank You Molly! Nick.

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 10:25AM
autumngal

We live in Albany, and it's a really fantastic place- they definitly have stacks of tile. I don't usually look at it when I am there, but next time I go, I'll check as well. I know there is a previous thread that has photos of your tile, I'll look it up.

They have a new parts warehouse manager and Christiana, who's email Molly gave you, could certainly put you in touch with him. The Warehouse is a little separate from HAF, but everyone in both places is really dedicated to preservation, so should be very helpful.

Good luck!

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 9:59AM
justme_today

I have about 30 of the aqua in Fl

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 5:17AM
More Discussions
Rule of thumb on recreating hardwood floors?
I'm recreating the peg and groove oak hardwood floors...
zagyzebra
Scraping wallpaper from ceiling
I've been working hard on wallpaper removal in one...
arlosmom
Yikes. I just bought an 1898 Victorian house
Hi, I have always loved old homes and had the opportunity...
adamsmile
introduction
Good afternoon, I just wanted to introduce myself,...
SPM2
Just closed on an older home and homeowners policy was cancelled
Six days ago, we closed on the house of our dreams,...
KristinaMonaLisa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™