X-post: show me your combo craft room/laundry room

susanpnJanuary 2, 2009

I am looking for organizational and layout ideas for making a laundry/craft room. For starters I'd like to accommodate materials and supplies for myscrapbooking, quilting, and kids' art supplies and projects. The washer, dryer and sink will be in a line recessed as in a closet but open to the rest of the room, which will be about 7x 9 feet. I am planning on a wall of counter for workspace with cabinets above and some below but that is pretty generic. If you've got something that works well in your house I would love to see it!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
claire_de_luna

I don't have a combo craft/laundry room. My laundry is in a closet, and I don't do crafts. Why don't you show us your craft room, and talk about what isn't working for you instead? What do you need help with specifically?

Bookmark   January 6, 2009 at 2:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanpn

I don't yet have a room to show! We are building a house and I am just looking for ideas from people who've already done this. There is a new thread about organizing a craft room, and that one could help me too. I will have a relatively small space, approx. 7'x9', and I am looking generally for ideas that might help me decide how I want to organize the space -- put in counters and cabinets, arrange work space, etc. It's just a big blank sheet at this point! I've cross-posted this on the building forum and now that someone has posted about organizing a craft room here I'm sure I will get some ideas. Thanks!

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
Please recommend a good paper shredder
I have a little one that can shred two sheets (max)...
bossyvossy
Are there lateral file cabinet organizers?
I have a new lovely two drawer lateral file cabinet...
janeway452
Sponsored Products
Tri-Cup Pendant
$184.99 | Dot & Bo
Caldera Hand-tufted Ivory Shag Rug (7'9 x 9'9)
Overstock.com
Bergama Area Rug in Rust & Off-White - 5' x 8'
Grandin Road
Daliner Collection 10" Wide Bronze LED Ceiling Light
Euro Style Lighting
Terrene Rosewood 4x12 Glass Tile
$16.25 | TileBar
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Lanart Rugs Shag-a-liscious Berry 4 ft. x 6 ft.
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™