Know anything about Duravit--Duraceram?

needinfo1February 26, 2013

I found a sink that seems the perfect size for me, but I am leery about the material, a ceramic of sorts. Here is what their website says.

"For years,ceramics from Duravit have also been putting their qualities to the test in the bathroom. And because requirements are even higher in the kitchen, Duravit developers have now come up with a new variant that goes by the name of DuraCeramî " a special mass that features greater impact resistance and robustness.
Robust qualities that make this material predestined for use in the central hub of the kitchen - and ones which Philippe Starck came to appreciate while developing his design."

I see a lot of people use this company for bathroom fixtures, but I can't find anything at all about their kitchen sinks. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
needinfo1

No one has heard of this line for kitchen sinks?

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 6:54PM
neshanicguy

Heard of it and love the look but have no experience. Did you wind up going with it? I know that it has a bigger presence in Europe which is where I first saw it.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 7:35AM
Circus Peanut

We're considering a DuraVit bathroom sink. My experience with it has been in Germany, where the company has an excellent reputation for their bathroom fixtures. I think you can solidly rely on them to back their product.

Have you seen one of the sinks you're considering in person?

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:40AM
needinfo1

I was lucky and found exactly what I was looking for. So, this is not something I bought.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 10:15AM
kookoo2

We have one of their sinks in the bathroom - gong on 12 years old now - and love it, but no idea about their kitchen line (or if things have changed since 2001)

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
Cabinet coat for office
I am painting over dark stained builtins in our home...
erinnicole
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™