Cleared the clutter on my own!!!

iloverpinkosesJanuary 13, 2011

I sorted through years worth of stuff for the last 4 days. I made a lot of progress. I figured it was a new year and I can't keep everything, right? What happened was I got a Kindle for Christmas from DH and a few days agao I bougtht a Kindle e-book on clutter of course! I read only a few chapters of the book and I was SO motivated to get started and sort. I followed the directions in the book because I really was overwhelmed and didn't know where to start, so I started with the part that bothered me the most. Anyway, I'll try to post a pic - but it's a work in progress. I refer back to this e-book to motivate me and plan on tackling more this weekend. I highly recommend it to anyone who is in my situation and needs a helping hand and easy to follow advice. It's like a professional organizer helping me. It's on amazon - kindle book:

"Goodbye Clutter, Hello Simplicity". I am also going to read the follow up to the first book which will then keep my organized! (keep your fingers crossed! LOL!) :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mustangs81

Kudos!! I'm sure your progress will be as big of a motivator as the book.

XX'd fingers and thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   January 14, 2011 at 9:01AM
trilobite

Yay! Do something nice for yourself and post some pictures!

Bookmark   January 14, 2011 at 11:23AM
jannie

I have lots of books on cleaning. I'll try the one you recommended!

Bookmark   January 15, 2011 at 11:05AM
housefairy

Iloverofpinkoses, the kindle is definitely a clutter buster. No more stacks of books on the nightstands.

I downloaded a sample and the book seemed to be about the emotional aspects, almost like a hoarding mentality. There were a few short things about if you don't use it for six months to dispose of the items. Which I think that has to apply to the actual item. Otherwise the Christmas stuff would have to go. LOL!

So I guess what I'm asking does it have practical organizing tips? Or is this more into the reasons people hold on to too much stuff?

Bookmark   January 15, 2011 at 8:27PM
jannie

I saw Peter Walsh on Oprah just last week. He suggested you pick up every single item in your home, look at it and ask "Are you helping my vision of my home?" The answer will tell you whether to keep it or toss it. If you keep it, you must find a place for it. (That's my problem-too much stuff, not enough "places".)

Bookmark   January 17, 2011 at 8:48AM
More Discussions
Anyone know of good boxes (plastic?) for storing papers?
I've been purging DD's school work and paper crafts...
quasifish
More organizing for my Mom
My Mom's apartment has cheap, inefficient kitchen cabinets....
annkh_nd
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™