Need Large Bread Box

peabody1January 20, 2013

I'm hoping someone will have some suggestions. I am looking for a large bread box. We have two loaves of bread and a bunch of bananas sitting on the counter. I can't take it anymore. My husband will not let me put them in the pantry. So I'm hoping to find a bread box to hide them in. Suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I store bread in the oven.

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 8:38PM
peabody1

graywings,

The oven would be a good big storage area, but with our luck we would forget and turn it on and smoke the house up.

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 7:45AM
LuAnn_in_PA

My MIL did that... with a bakery box!

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 8:24AM
colorcrazy

If you google "wooden bread box" you will see lots of options. Know anyone who does decorative painting? They can add whatever you want to the outside.

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 9:19PM
mustangs81

It only takes once to remember that the oven is also storage. Going forward it's not a problem. At least that is my experience!

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 10:03AM
azzalea

Never a good idea to store food in the oven--even if you do remember to empty it, who wants to do that a couple of times a day. And what if someone else in the household (or a guest) doesn't realize it's being used as a spare cupboard?

Does your husband do the majority of the cooking? If so, he gets a vote on where you store food--if you do most of the cooking and clean-up? Then for heavens sake, put the bread in the pantry. That makes the most sense, after all, if you have the space there.

As to a bread box? I have a feeling that even if you get one, your husband won't bother to use it. Could be wrong, but if he doesn't want to walk a few extra steps to the pantry.....

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 2:04PM
More Discussions
But I was all set to declutter the soup tureen!
I was given a soup tureen at my bridal shower. It's...
talley_sue_nyc
Where do you store reusable bags?
Reusable grocery bags, plastic bags, large paper bags,...
violetwest
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™