tall pantry rollout design, spacing between rollouts, a2gemini?

Lorenza5064February 8, 2013

Need to specify the placement of rollouts in my 15" wide x 26" deep tall cabinet. The space for rollouts has 63" of interior height. How would you space the rollouts to optimize storage for cans, bottles, etc.? I think that allowing for 12" storage with the top and bottom rollouts would be good. What about the spacing for the approximate 40" in between? A2 Gemini has a great photo of her pullout pantry that has prompted this question. Please advise. Grazie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jellytoast

I have varied spacing, and my rollouts can be ajusted to wherever I want them. Two of them are spaced at 12 inches, and they work well for lots of things. If you buy cereal, you will want one with about 17 inches of space to allow for tall boxes.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 11:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

How many rollouts are you getting, and what items do you plan to store it there? Like jellytoast, mine are adjustable, though once set and filled, I've never adjusted them. I left a larger height at the bottom in mine to store 2L pop bottles, and large flour bags etc. Big items that are pretty easy to grab and pull out. (we also have the trap for our EasyVac there, so didn't want to cover it up with a pull-out)I also have a higher height for the top one for cereal boxes.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Need advice on Backsplash
I am a chef and caterer--I'm just finishing up a large...
avolab
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
soapstone sinks
We are considering installing a soapstone farmhouse...
arch123
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™