Well it's ours

missouri1March 25, 2009

We just officially paid off our old house (money pit) yesterday. We should be able to go out in the next week or two and get a little started on the outside in the way of down tree limbs and a total mess. I'll get photo's and I can post them if anyone is feeling bad about their own house LOL. I don't have a lower bathroom or kitchen or even downstairs interior walls up right now. Well the framework is still there but it's a skeleton. There is also a huge mess because it was in mid project phase and the prior owners had an emergency and had to leave it. Now I'm getting nervous...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
igloochic

congrats!!! No really :) heh heh, but I was so disapointed not to see pics. I love to see old homes that are saved by loving new families :) Please share your journey, start to finish with us!!!!!

Bookmark   March 25, 2009 at 1:50PM
missouri1

Oh I will be taking lots of photo's. They will be for the open minded only lol.

Bookmark   March 25, 2009 at 2:57PM
blackcats13

I can't wait to see the pics! I'm sure you've already seen that this place is full of support, advice and ideas =D

Bookmark   March 25, 2009 at 6:46PM
calliope

I'm excited for you! You're also in pretty safe territory showing pics of just framework and 'need to dos' since any of us who have renovated old homes don't actually see the what's in the picture. We see in our minds what it can look like and no two of us will have the same interpretation. LOL.

Bookmark   March 25, 2009 at 6:52PM
patser

There isn't an old home owner who isn't open minded!!

Congrats! What does it feel like?

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 1:45PM
missouri1

Oh well I'd have to say it feels Scary right about now. It was more of a concept before and now it's a committment lol. I love to work on things really but I hope hubby will be ok with it all.

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 7:49PM
antiquesilver

I love old houses 'in the raw'; can't wait to see the pics! Congratulations on your new love affair - enjoy the adventure.

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 10:44PM
More Discussions
Oh crap, plaster crack
I was removing a window casing so I could reposition...
graywings123
How to get rid of the spiders?!
I love my old house, but so do spiders. My finished...
misslori
Scraping wallpaper from ceiling
I've been working hard on wallpaper removal in one...
arlosmom
1850s exterior door hardware?
I have an 1857 Italianate-ish home that is missing...
jlc102482
Need your ideas for a new-old home,...
We are planning to build a home that appears to be...
ccintx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™