Use for favorite kitchen towels

cross_stitchJanuary 24, 2013

About the only souvenir I look for on a trip is a 100% linen towel. You know the kind -- a famous building or other landmark. Museums are the best sources, with great florals and even images of some of their art. These towels are getting hard to find so when I buy one I want it to last forever. When they are too beat up to display I fold them to line the produce and deli drawers of my fridge. This makes cleaning the drawers a snap and they always remind me one more time of that place we visited.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

That's a neat idea! Both for souvenirs and for lining the drawers of the fridge. I may have to look into that for the veggie drawers.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 3:28PM
ellyphant

I look for those at GW and yard sales. Landmarks or old calendars, I don't care which. They are great for drying dishes. The last one I found was brand new (but 40 years old) and cost me 25 cents.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 4:14PM
bspofford

I suppose one could do that with the hot pink t-shirt from Niagra Falls........

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 12:26PM
quasifish

Great idea! We have a few hand embroidered towels that SIL made a few years back. I didn't have the heart to use them, stain them, wear them out, etc. We have some serving plates that store in a drawer and towels those are used to divide those and keep them from getting damaged. I love the idea of using that type of thing in the produce drawer where it would be seen regularly and enjoyed still.

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 11:12AM
LuAnn_in_PA

I made pillows out of three of my favorite kitchen towels, and a valance out of two others.

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 1:09PM
talley_sue_nyc

quasifish, I love the idea of using the towels to cushion serving plates--it cares for TWO prized possessions.

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
What to do with hundreds of CDs
I have nice storage boxes filled with hundreds of CDs...
Janeway452
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™