Cafe Brown silgranit sink--good color or dark hole?

laughablemomentsFebruary 5, 2013

We're planning to do a wood top on our island and I'm trying to pick the sink to put in it. The sink will determine the cabinet size and placement, so we need to know what we're using in order to build the cabinets.

I'm interested in a granite composite sink, and am wondering if a brown one would be a good choice. I like the fact that it wouldn't stain, show dirt, etc. But... is it like having a dark black hole in your counter? I've never seen one installed, except in pictures, so I feel a bit like I'm going into this decision blind.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

The ones I saw in showrooms over the 18 months I looked were beautiful. I saw both small and the super single "installed" and both looked great. In showrooms, the sinks were shown undermounted in the counter material similar to how a real kitchen installation would be. I didn't get the black hole vibe from them. I was planning that color when I thought I'd get Bianco Antico granite or similar.

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 11:46AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laughablemoments

Ok, Breezy. That's helpful. Thank you!

One other thing I forgot to ask: Is there a chance that this brown will be tomorrow's 70's avocado? I still remember the avocado fixtures in my parents' upstairs bath where I spent my childhood. Blech.

This post was edited by laughable on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 14:30

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 2:27PM
More Discussions
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Carrara tile backsplash with carrara countertop
I found a few images in the photos section of houzz,...
crl_
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™