Cat center / Laundry Sorting Area Organized (pic)

crystal01January 31, 2007

Eight years ago I drew a design for a Cat/Laundry Sorting Center, it never got built because it was going to cost $300. in materials, let alone the time, etc. Well, while re-orging my foyer closet with an elfa system from the Container Store, a light bulb went on! Here are the results: http://www.my-town.com/pandd/house/cat_center

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

wowee, crystal--that's great!

Here is a link that might be useful: crystal01's cat center, a clickable link

Bookmark   January 31, 2007 at 7:17PM
lazy_gardens

I LIKE IT!

Good use of pre-fab materials

Bookmark   January 31, 2007 at 7:56PM
Maura63

Big difference, Crystal, that's great!

For what is' worth, here's my set-up:

I have two cats and my laundry room is also the cats' room. In fact, they are confined here at night too, so I had to factor in bedding. (The floor is tiled and it is a chilly room and I spoil them.)

The litter box is stored under the sink (where the machine empties into). I've even used a tension rod to hang a "curtain" (actually an old beach towel) to hide the box, keeping it slightly open for kitty access.

Bucket type litter stands on floor near here, also serves as a stool, if needed due to bad back, while scooping litter.

The cat beds used to be up on the small counter, but one of the cats is getting too old to make that leap. (And I wanted my counter top back!) Then the beds took up limited floor space, that I was always shuffling around. Not any more. On an opposite wall I have a triple laundry sorter on wheels. Beneath this is a 5' runner-style rug and two "pet" pillows, side-by-side that fit perfectly beneath the sorter. The food bowls are to the left, where there another 16" of rug.

Dry food is stored in a plastic, hinged-top container on a tray that one of my kids made a few years ago.

All-in-all, it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: laundry sorter with wheels

Bookmark   February 2, 2007 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
I am donating like a madwoman!
In 2006, we put our home on the market, and to get...
talley_sue_nyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™