Thanks for the support!

missindia2020January 15, 2009

I read the newest postings and while my house is far from an organized state - I have made some progress. I have some more stuff to go to Goodwill. Yay me! I have a few tasks on my list today to work on. I am also trying to remember that some of this is 4 years in the making (since we moved to this house).

Currently I am a temporary employee and the money I am making is going for our daughter's afterschool care and day camp in the summer. I have to keep her there in case I get a permanent job - been trying for a couple of years now. As soon as I get a permanent job, I have already told my husband I want to get cleaning help at least every other week. I know it's a luxury, but I really think it will be worth the money. I will feel better if someone can just help me do the maintenance cleaning.

Have a great day!! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donnawb

You need to stay on maintenance while decluttering or you never get done. Have you checked out flylady?

Bookmark   January 16, 2009 at 10:48AM
missindia2020

I have, but I have ADHD and it was a lot to soak up! :)

Bookmark   January 16, 2009 at 1:42PM
nancyjeanmc

I agree, Miss India...FlyLady is a lot to soak up (and I don't have ADD!!) Three good tips I did get from her; divide the room into a clock, and just clean from 12 to 1 or 2. Or, agree to put 10, or 15, or 25 things AWAY. Sometimes it's just the kick that gets you started/focused. I still do the time, too - 15 minutes in the kitchen and be done. Knowing it's just 15 minutes keeps you on "topic."

Another huge help for me is a headset for my phone. My sister and I talk for about an hour every day. I stick the headset on, and, since I feel silly just sitting there doing nothing with my hands, I use the time to fold, put away, etc. You don't even realize it's getting done. I love my headset.

Favorite Flylady-ism...C.H.A.O.S. Stands for Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome.

Bookmark   January 16, 2009 at 6:05PM
nancyjeanmc

Just posting to you motivated me to do a 15 minute swing through the kitchen. It isn't perfect, but if someone showed up at my door, I wouldn't be paralyzed by C.H.A.O.S.!
Thanks for the "push."

Bookmark   January 16, 2009 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
How do you let go of stuff that's worth money?
On the "share your success" thread, taft...
talley_sue_nyc
Please recommend a good paper shredder
I have a little one that can shred two sheets (max)...
bossyvossy
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
Anyone know of good boxes (plastic?) for storing papers?
I've been purging DD's school work and paper crafts...
quasifish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™