pictures of Elfa-type custom closets?

bellesouthJanuary 5, 2008

I've searched for closets here, but haven't found many photos of the wire Elfa-type drawer/slide-out units. Elfa is on sale now and I have walk-in clothes closets and a pantry to buy for(house isn't built yet; I'll store it. IT'S 30% OFF.). I know I can have them plan it for me, but seeing what others have done first would sure help. So I don't mess up on the spot and regret it later!

Any direction or any cautions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gizmonike

If the house isn't built yet, I'd wait: dimensions change!
Container Store does have sales other than January; I bought an Elfa system for a utility closet last summer on sale. You can change the spacing & components fairly easily. Some pantry items can tip over unless you add a hard liner to the wire shelf or use plastic bins.

Bookmark   January 5, 2008 at 11:51AM
amysrq

I think the beauty of Elfa is that you don't have to get it absolutely right the first time. I have lots of Elfa and the freedom to adjust and add is what I like about it. So, you want pics. Lemme see what I can do... :-)

Bookmark   January 5, 2008 at 6:09PM
amysrq

Okay, here are pics. Warning! These spaces are a mess, especially the pantry. We are getting ready to list the house and reorganizing is on the to-do list. Until then, chaos rules.

What I will say after doing four closets (walk-in clothing, reach-in clothing, office-in-a-closet and pantry) is that the planners have certain ideas and I have my own. I like symmetry for instance. In one closet, they tried to maximize space but it was out of balance to my eye. So I had to tweak it. They are very good about going back and forth with a design until you get it right, zipping you e-mail files and then chatting on the phone. I find it helpful to know what I want before I call. Have fun, it's great stuff.

I'll check back in of you have any questions. If I forget, you can find me on the Home Dec board most of the time.

Bookmark   January 5, 2008 at 6:32PM
bj_inatlanta

Ooo. I want some too!

amysrq: I looked at the containerstore site and it looks like the wall-hung (track-hung) slide-out baskets are only available with the wooden shelf tops--or dustguard--on them now. Am I missing something??

Bookmark   January 5, 2008 at 11:03PM
audsquad

The container store has sales on Elfa twice a year (Jan and sometime in the summer). I'd wait until June (or once your house has actually broken ground) to spend the money. Dimensions do change!

Bookmark   January 8, 2008 at 11:36AM
amysrq

The January sale is for Elfa...the whole system. In the past, the Summer sale has been on shelving only and therefore does not apply to non-shelving gizmos (like drawers and frames, which are very expensive) within the Elfa system.

Bookmark   January 8, 2008 at 12:48PM
More Discussions
Help with closet and bedroom doors clashing
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this...
Luiz Borges Gomide
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
But I was all set to declutter the soup tureen!
I was given a soup tureen at my bridal shower. It's...
talley_sue_nyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™