Where in heck are my keys?

mommabirdJanuary 6, 2013

I have a shelf with key hooks immediately inside the back door. 99.9% of the time, I walk in and put my keys on their hook right away.

A week ago Friday, I switched cars with my son for the day - the son who also hangs his keys there immediately 99.9% of the time.

I haven't seen my keys since. He swears I carries them in, I would swear he carried them in - regardless, my keys are missing somewhere I. My house!

I have spares of car key and house key. I don't have spares of my folks house key, the 'clicker' for my car and the clicker for my house alarm system. It has been painful living without those remotes this week.

Please join me in praying/visualizing/meditating or whatever you practice to help me find those keys!

And - hang up your keys immediately when you come in the door. Save yourself this hassle.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly321

On the topic of keys: I have issues here too! My Ikea has the magnetic knife bars on sale for $8-9 Guess what?! Keys stick! I will totally have a magnetic strip for our keys once I move onto that.

Good luck finding Your keys, MommaBird. I hope you find them soon. ðÂÂÂ

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 12:19AM
trancegemini_wa

I used to go through a daily ritual of looking for my keys and damn if it isn't the most aggravating thing to have to do, it can drive you nuts! My suggestion would be to look around tables, desks etc and check UNDER everything, I can't tell you how many times a piece of clothing, a catalogue or something else got tossed on top of them, or they got shuffled around with other items and got buried underneath.

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 12:28AM
camlan

Check pockets. The pants he was wearing, the jacket you had on.

When I don't drop my keys into the key bowl, they are almost always in my pocket.

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 9:09AM
LuAnn_in_PA

Oh my!
Here's hoping you find them soon!

Mine get carabinered into my purse.

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 11:39AM
mommabird

Your positive energy worked - I found them today in the basement laundry room. I have NO IDEA how they got there, but I'm glad to have them back!

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 10:59PM
LuAnn_in_PA

Hooray!

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 7:53AM
More Discussions
Large closet advice
I'm turning a spare bedroom into a dressing room and...
helsharmar
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
Cleaning Service--what do you have them do?
I enjoy reading this forum and now understand the difference...
bstnjohn
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™