What kinds of cookies do you make for the holidays?
If I have time I like to make the traditional shortbread and thumbprint cookies. I always try and get the gifts bought and wrapped before I attempt the baking. I also do mini cheese-cakes too.
My mom, sister and I are getting together for a cookie-baking marathon this weekend. Here's what we're baking:
- snickerdoodles (with the cinnamon mixed in, and rolled in colored sugars instead of cinnamon/sugar mix)
- snowball cookies
- brownie mounds (basically drop cookies that taste like brownies)
- rum balls
- toffee bars (graham cracker crust, caramel layer, chocolate layer, nuts sprinkled on top)
- thumbprint cookies
- sugar cookie with candied cherry pressed in center
- "buckeyes" - basically homemade peanut-butter cups in ball shapes
- traditional cookie-cutter sugar cookies
I dont make any, DH wont eat sweets at all, he doesnt like them and his 8 yr old likes one now and then but I must be the only person who had to throw out oreos after a year. I like the odd ones and will eat lots at someone elses house but few at home.
We like the Christmas cresent, Sandies, Mexican Wedding cookies. These cookies have several names, but are all the same thing. They are a white type dough with pecans in them. They are rolled in powdered sugar after cooking. I'm craving one right now.