So have you started cooking for Thanksgiving?

Jane in CTNovember 20, 2001

What have you cooked for Thanksgiving so far?

I am picking up a 'boxed' thanksgiving dinner from the local super stop & shop but I know that I will need some more food than what is prepared.

Today I made the mashed potatoes for our Shepard's Pie and I made 'extra' and put them in a pyrex type dish and it's in the fridge for T.day! Just nuke and enjoy!

Tomorrow I need to grocery shop and I would like to make some desserts, yum! ;)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dustbunni

I started Monday. Made cornbread for dressing and froze mashed potatoes and honey maple rolls. Tomorrow I'll make two pumpkin pies, green beans w. garlic, bake the ham and green chili corn pudding. Pack relish tray in zip baggies ready for the tray. Turkey's thawing in the refridgerator. Actually on Thursday moning about all I'll have to do is stuff and bake the turkey, make gravy, and assemble fruit salad and relish tray. The rest is all just heat and eat.

Bookmark   November 20, 2001 at 11:05PM
AdellaBedella_usa_net

This is why I love potluck. I'm only responsible for the turkey and a spinach salad.

We bought the turkey on Monday and it is in the refrigerator thawing. We'll cook it tonight and warm it at mil's tomorrow. We'll stop by the store for fresh spinich greens and salad fixin's tonight. As long as someone else makes sure that we have mashed potatoes tomorrow, I'm happy. Mmmmmmmm.

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 11:03AM
Linda352

Today I prepared a vegetarian lasagne, a cranberry salad, and a cheesecake to go along with the typical turkey and mashed potatoe fixin's for tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving All!!

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 4:20PM
jamie_mt

I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake tonight - and taking it over to my parents tomorrow where *they* are doing the cooking and my grandma is bringing pie and other stuff. :-)

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 4:36PM
PatW

I did the meat stuffing on Monday, the butternut squash yesterday, the creamed onions today and most of the individual ingredients for the bread stuffing, and the shrimp. Tomorrow is putting the bread stuffing in the crockpot, roasting the turkey, cooking Brussel sprouts, and opening the can of cranberry sauce. Hubby bakes the potatoes. Can't wait!

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 10:54PM
More Discussions
Canning
I have been canning salsa and will can spaghetti sauce...
jessaka
crock pot,is that what this is?
I pulled it out, got it as a wedding gift, used it...
KayCee
Patty pan squash lasagne - how to freeze?
I want to make a simple lasagne using patty pan squash...
jennholly
Do I have to refrigerate Kosher Dill Pickles!!?
I purchased from Walmart last night a large jar of...
nita1950
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
RuthieG__TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™