Keeping hamburger patties separated

yellowhairNovember 17, 2003

How do you do this? I made up some today (didn't cook) and just put saran wrap in between them, then put them in a freezer bag.

Also wanted to say that I did some meatballs, yum yum. I baked them on a rack in the oven. I then flash-froze them individually, then put in a freezer bag. Very very easy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BigMama

do your patties the same way.freeze them on a cookie shee or platter and then use saran after they are frozen.sometimes they will stick together but seperate easily with a knife of something.

Bookmark   November 22, 2003 at 3:14PM
yellowhair

thanks---I'll try this next time.

Bookmark   November 23, 2003 at 5:53PM
alison

Big Mama -- do you have problems with freezer burn when you freeze them on the cookie sheet? I seem to have a lot of problem with that when I freeze meat or chicken, no matter how carefully I wrap them.

With hamburger it's not so much of a problem, but I hate freezer burn on chicken.

Bookmark   December 15, 2003 at 4:19PM
msmarieh

Put two sheets of wax paper between each patty, rather than saran wrap (which molds itself into all the nooks and crannies).

Marie

Bookmark   January 3, 2004 at 8:01AM
abreeze

I've tried different ways and have come up with this method... I buy sandwich zip bags on sale or at the "dollar store" and put each patty in a bag. Seal it and put several baggies in a quart size freezer bag. When I have filled two quart size freezer bags, I put them in a gallon size freezer bag and into freezer. Works well for me! ~abreeze

Bookmark   February 5, 2004 at 11:07AM
BigMama

I just leave mine in the freezer just long enough for them to freeze so there is no burn.....also you can buy boxes of small sheets of parchment at places like Sams that you can use to keep them from sticking together after they are frozen even a little bit.......You perhaps can buy it other places, I just always get mine at sams so haven't looked any where else.

Bookmark   February 7, 2004 at 8:35AM
jiggreen

i second the wax paper method...works well for me every time, i just slide a butter knife in between the two layers of wax paper and pop the patties apart.

Bookmark   November 16, 2004 at 12:19PM
More Discussions
TV dinner freezer containers
Does anyone know of or have a source for plastic tv...
Mistyme
Can You Freeze Cottage Cheese?
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows if you can successfully...
lmsorkin
Sauce Freezing Question
Hi all. This may seem like a silly question, but I'd...
pandanoke
Do I have to refrigerate Kosher Dill Pickles!!?
I purchased from Walmart last night a large jar of...
nita1950
Crock pot vs. electric roaster
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between...
Gema
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™