Three meals from one roast

dances_in_gardenOctober 22, 2001

I did this with a pork roast, but beef would work well. I guess even chicken or turkey might as well.

First night, pork roast. Take leftovers and remove all fat. Divide in half.

Simmer one half with taco seasonings, diced green chilis, a diced fresh jalapeno if you like the heat, and a little chicken or veggie stock until you can shred it with a fork. Great as a taco/burrito filling, in mexican casseroles, enchiladas etc.

Simmer the other half with ketchup, brown sugar, a little vinegar, and spices (or some bottled barbque sauce of your choice) until you can shred it with a fork. This can be piled on buns for bbq pork sandwiches.

Both of these freeze well to use later, great for "quick" lunches.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bizzybee

Great ideas! I do a similar thing but more for the tastes of my family. For a pork roast, day two would be shredded pork baked with sauerkraut. For a beef roast, day two would be beef and noodles (shredded beef, can of beef broth or the roast drippings plus water, and a bag of egg noodles). Mmmmm!

Bookmark   October 22, 2001 at 8:32PM
bendoll2000_yahoo_com

another recipe would be to cut the roast into pieces and mix cream of mushroom soup togetherwith sour cream put over the meat and add mushrooms and heat through this is a very easy beef stroganoff and very good i dont have the measurements because we do this in a restaurant and do large quanities so just do it to your own taste

Bookmark   October 24, 2001 at 7:22PM
ns1_alltel_net

My roast recipes are the first day it's a pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. The second it's hot roast beef or pork open faced sandwiches with mashed potatoes. The third it's great chopped or diced with chopped onions and potatoes to make a hash.

Bookmark   January 26, 2002 at 2:47AM
More Discussions
Preparing meals to freeze
Hello I make a lot of meals and freeze them. My daughter...
alexandra_falcon
crock pot,is that what this is?
I pulled it out, got it as a wedding gift, used it...
KayCee
Favorite family recipe?
OK lets have your family's favorite recipe.
RuthieG in MA
Freezer Cooking for 2
My parents are caring for my terminally ill uncle....
gen76eva
Pre-making big batches of my own cornbread mix
I make cornbread a lot and haven't found any pre-done...
levander404
Sponsored Products
French rattan wall baskets
Origin Crafts
Koncept Gen 3 Z-Bar Mini Warm Light LED Orange Wall Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
James Martin Furniture Copper Cove 48 in. Single Vanity - Driftwood Patina Multi
Hayneedle
Pearl Black Three Tier Metal Ball Lamp
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Breath Humidifier
$149.50 | FRONTGATE
Japanese Samurai 3-piece Katana Sword Set
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™