Beginner Tips

BrendaSeptember 17, 2001

Can anybody give me some tips on how I could start doing this? I would love to try it. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ruthieg_tx

Brenda.....My suggestion would be this......Go peek in your freezer/s and make a list of the meat type things that you have..check your pantry for what kind of staples you have and then read through this site and some of the other sites and make up a list of things that you could cook in a batch manner.

There is enough information on the site here about getting started that you shouldn't have any problem.

do a one day cooking spree just to get acquainted with the method and (just as important) to clean out your fridg...

Starting small and doing a few days of batch cooking will better prepare you for a real OAMC day.

There are many good ideas and tips on the site/s but the truth is that we all have our own way of doing things and that will be important in your cooking day.

The truth of the matter is, OAMC is just a very organized, thought out, long day of cooking to get that freezer filled. Go back and read all the info on this site, you will get more than enough info to get you started.

Please let us know how it goes and feel free to ask any more questions.

Bookmark   September 19, 2001 at 8:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mzdee_excite_com

Brenda,
Ditto to Ruthie's comments. If a one day cooking spree seems daunting, consider starting slower and do batch cooking for a couple of weeks. That is, just make 2 or 3 of whatever you are cooking. 2 meat loaves, a double batch of spaghetti sauce and pasta, etc. Your freezer will start to fill and your options for once a week cooking will become a breeze. I hope that as we get into fall, I'll be able to contribute some of my weekly menus. I don't cook much in the summer :)
Good luck!

Bookmark   September 21, 2001 at 8:35AM
More Discussions
For those of you with food savers
Do you reuse the bags? If so, is there an easy way...
seasyde
Patty pan squash lasagne - how to freeze?
I want to make a simple lasagne using patty pan squash...
jennholly
chopped salad timesaver
My mother made chopped salads. I have found my method...
dahlia6
Freezer Cooking for 2
My parents are caring for my terminally ill uncle....
gen76eva
In need of Dishes to Freeze
Any suggestions on premade meals that freeze well....
dreamjewl
Sponsored Products
Galassia Suspension by Eurofase
$1,178.00 | Lumens
Kennedy Outdoor Rug 3'9" x 5'9"
$199.00 | Horchow
Kurt Adler 7-foot Pre-lit Winchester Pine Pencil Tree
Overstock.com
Living with Mid-Century Collectibles - Hardcover
| Dot & Bo
Tribeca Single Bulb Pendant
Lightology