ok, I need a real crock pot, any ideas?

KayCeeJuly 9, 2001

I am in the market for a good crock pot since what I have is a chef's pot, big difference, I like the way the crock pots don't heat the house up during the summer. I think I can save some money and lower bills this way. Anyone know of a good one? Brand? What features do I look for?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mamabirdx5_netzero_net

I love my 5qt. oval Rival Crockpot. We are a big family and it's great. It has a removable liner that makes it easier to clean. The control knob has off, keep warm, low, and high positions. I have even cooked two meals in it at once with the oven bags. GREAT! I also have the teeny tiny 1qt. one that is called a crock-ette. It is great for small portions, it too has a removeable liner.

I think that you would be pleased with any make of crockpot as long as it has a removable liner for easy cleaning. It is such a wonderful appliance that I am looking for a 2-3qt. size one now.

Bookmark   July 10, 2001 at 8:20AM
ruthieg_tx

Mine are both Rivals as well. You probably won't beat the Rival price either. Check the discount stores and also the drug stores for sales. They are often used as "leaders" I see good sales often on them at the Drug stores.

Bookmark   July 11, 2001 at 9:20AM
greenlady_zensearch_com

Go for a Rival. Mine is over 25 years old, and still going strong. It doesn't have the removable "crock," but after 25 years, I'm used to it. This is Rival's website, with something for everybody.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Rival Company

Bookmark   July 21, 2001 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
Thawing frozen flour
I do some basic baking, like pizza doughs and corn...
levander404
crock pot,is that what this is?
I pulled it out, got it as a wedding gift, used it...
KayCee
Patty pan squash lasagne - how to freeze?
I want to make a simple lasagne using patty pan squash...
jennholly
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
ruthieg__tx
George Foreman Grill
I received a small one for a birthday present. Has...
nita1950
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™