Garlic Bread

BrendaJuly 24, 2001

Does anyone have info on making frozen garlic bread such as Texas Toast or the like? DH loves those ones that come in a bag, you open one end and bake it for like 20 min.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pfarrell_adelphia_net

Brenda,

Hi! I just made some garlic bread for the freezer last week and used some tonight. It worked pretty well. I bought a large french bread baguette and since there is just my husband and myself, cut it into thirds. I then sliced it down the center making a total of 3 pairs. In a bowl I mixed up a mixture of margarine and minced garlic (the preminced kind in a jar) and added some dried mixed Italian herbs to it. I blended it well and spread the mixture on both sides of each third of the bread. I also had some shredded mozzarella/parmesan in my fridge which I sprinkled on top of each half. I then put the halves together, wrapped well in heavy duty aluminum foil and labeled it. To cook, I just put it in the oven as is (still frozen) at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. It comes out hot and bubbly on top with a crispy crust. We had some tonight with our spaghetti. My DH thought it was as good as the kind you buy in the foil sleeves and it was certainly less $$$$. Hope you give it a try!

Pat

Bookmark   July 24, 2001 at 11:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brenda_t_ivillage_com

Wow, that sounds great - I will be trying it.
Thanks!

Bookmark   July 25, 2001 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
Thawing frozen flour
I do some basic baking, like pizza doughs and corn...
levander404
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
RuthieG__TX
Do I have to refrigerate Kosher Dill Pickles!!?
I purchased from Walmart last night a large jar of...
nita1950
Crock pot vs. electric roaster
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between...
Gema
nesco roaster
Does anyone have a Nesco Roaster? We've been thinking...
Rae
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™