Zuchini

VickiJune 4, 2001

Can I freeze Zuchini from the Garden shredded or sliced to be used for cooking or making bread later? I am also liiking for recipes using Zuchin and Yellow Squash, I have tons of both. Thanks so much Vicki

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sallyab

Vicki,
You can freeze it shredded, but it tends to get watery. I would make as much bread, then freeze that, as it turns out ok when thawed. I have also made zucchini casserole, using bread stuffing, it is very good. Also a delicious bisque soup that is very easy, and tastes wonderful on cold or summer days.It includes zucchini, mushrooms, onion, chicken broth , and cream( it's ok to use once in a while). I could e-mail the recipe if you like. We also like it with onion and cheddar cheese,baked. YOu can try it on the grill, season with a little lemon pepper and olive oil, and put on the grill(cut in long slices, not too thin), cook away....

Bookmark   June 4, 2001 at 1:05PM
bugs_niagara_com

I have frozen it in slices and it does get very watery, I still love it though so I freeze the slices on a pan then bag it, thaw it and squish out as much water as I can and then fry in some butter with spices and parmesean cheese, that my fav so its the only way Ive tried it, works pretty good.

Bookmark   June 4, 2001 at 4:09PM
dnford_mid-mo_net

being best fresh,we freeze some with the same watery results.we are looking for a zuchini bar recipe ,with phil adelphia cream cheese topping ?got one? dale.

Bookmark   July 1, 2001 at 12:37PM
More Discussions
Favorite family recipe?
OK lets have your family's favorite recipe.
RuthieG in MA
No Peek Stew
I saw this a while back and forgot to copy it. Can...
rosieclown
Patty pan squash lasagne - how to freeze?
I want to make a simple lasagne using patty pan squash...
jennholly
Recommendations for an upright freezer?
Hey all, I'm looking to purchasing an upright freezer...
melindy
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
ruthieg__tx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™