Lasagna and other ramblings

mzdeeJune 2, 2001

Do you like the no boil lasagna recipes? I've been doing this for awhile now. I have one in the fridge now for baking on Sunday. Can't believe how simple it is.

There was also a post for breakfast ideas earlier. My kids love bacon. Yesterday, I precooked a pound of bacon in the oven while I was baking fish. Cooked it in one of those disposable broiler pans with the grooves. When it started to get crispy, I took it out. Drained it, cooled it, and put it in a ziploc bag. For mornings, 1-2 slices at 15 seconds in the microwave, a slice of toast and they're off and running.

Rounding off my week by making a roasted sticky chicken.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jamie_mt

What's a "no-boil" lasagna? Do you not cook the noodles before hand with that? I'd certainly be interested in that...

Bookmark   June 4, 2001 at 1:13PM
mzdee_excite_com

Jamie,
You're right. You don't cook the lasagna in the "no boil" method. You put the lasagna together using the dry lasagna noodles. After a few times, I've learned to: 1) Add more sauce to the dish 2) Put the dish together the night before and refrigerate. When you're ready to bake, you cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. About 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking time, remove the foil and top with cheese.

I made one of these this past weekend. I was hoping to cut half for the freezer. Its almost all gone :(. It really is a great timesaver and makes a wonderful dish.

Bookmark   June 5, 2001 at 6:59AM
jamie_mt

Wow, that does sound good. The only reason I generally don't make lasagna is that it's a pain to have to boil the noodles and everything...I'll have to try the no-boil method (lasagna is one of my favorite dishes!). :-)

Bookmark   June 5, 2001 at 12:08PM
mlee_rcgit_com

Ronzoni sells special no-boil lasagna noodles. I just follow their recipe on the box -- it's so easy! Just made 2 pans of lasagna yesterday - ate some, saved some for later this week, and froze a whole bunch.

Bookmark   June 11, 2001 at 10:47AM
bugs_niagara_com

You guys must have good luck with that stuff, I made it 3 times and everytime it tasted like starch so I gave it up and boil me noodles, am I doing something wrong?

Bookmark   June 12, 2001 at 12:40PM
mzdee_excite_com

Bugs,
The key (for me) is to use extra sauce and to assemble and let it sit overnight before cooking. No starchy tastes in mine.

Bookmark   June 12, 2001 at 4:16PM
clancy9_bellsouth_net

I don't care for the special no-boil noodles. I use the regular noodles. Janey

Bookmark   June 13, 2001 at 10:52AM
More Discussions
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
RuthieG__TX
George Foreman Grill
I received a small one for a birthday present. Has...
nita1950
Sauce Freezing Question
Hi all. This may seem like a silly question, but I'd...
pandanoke
Powder Buttermilk in Bread Maker recipe
I have a lot of recipes for my bread maker....some...
baby_2u
Canning
I have been canning salsa and will can spaghetti sauce...
jessaka
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™