Any plans online?

inkycrabJune 23, 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans online on what recipes to make that utilize the same main ingredients? For example, the other day I ran across a blog and she mentioned making two sloppy joe batches for sloppy joes one night and then sloppy joe pizza another. I like the idea of cooking once for two meals. I know I could figure this out myself but if there are already plans somewhere that would get me thinking it would great.

Thanks,

Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cynic

I used to do some bulk cooking occasionally, started actually and was enjoying it before I got busted up and haven't gotten back into it lately.

What I'd do is buy 5-10# of hamburger when I could get the good stuff on sale, cheap. I'd be buying lean burger for 99¢ a pound! Boy are those days gone and it's not that many years. But I digress. Anyway, I'd cook it up with a bunch of onion and drain it off, cool it and bag it up and freeze it. From that, here's a sampling of what I could make: Sloppy joes, pizza, spaghetti, tacos, taco salad, soup, stew, quesidillas, pizza burgers, hotdish, fried rice and more. I used to go through a lot of burger!

One time I bought 20# and took 1/2 and cooked with onions, and the other 1/2 I divided into a couple 2# blocks, a few 1# blocks and the rest I made into hamburger patties and stocked up the freezer. Same meat and a whole big bunch of meals. BTW, I'd use the blocks for meatloaf and anything else that I wanted to make without onions in it.

I did a quick search to see if there's plans out there. Maybe some of these will be of some help to you.

Let us know what you find.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our old friend found these...

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 2:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inkycrab

I remember those hamburger prices, depressing!

I did some searching and most of the good stuff I found was under this phrase below. I didn't find any plans per se but I did get some inspiration to do it on my own.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cook once eat twice

Bookmark   June 30, 2008 at 10:36PM
More Discussions
Can You Freeze Cottage Cheese?
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows if you can successfully...
lmsorkin
TV dinner freezer containers
Does anyone know of or have a source for plastic tv...
Mistyme
Recommendations for an upright freezer?
Hey all, I'm looking to purchasing an upright freezer...
melindy
Rachael Ray week in a day-Hungarian shepherds pie
I think I got my answer from looking at the posts above,...
norwega
Pre-making big batches of my own cornbread mix
I make cornbread a lot and haven't found any pre-done...
levander404
Sponsored Products
Brown Marble Bathroom trough sink + faucet hole - QUEBEC
Living'ROC
Metal Fox Accent Lamp Base
Cost Plus World Market
Blast Zone Superstar Party Moonwalk Bounce House - INF-SUPERSTAR
$399.99 | Hayneedle
Rizzy Home Handloom Weave with Dot Detail Solid Decorative Throw Pillow - T05278
$32.00 | Hayneedle
Premier Roman Shade. Free Samples and Shipping!
Blinds.com
Ribbed Shade Chrome Finish Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
Matelasse Boudoir Sham 12" x 16" - INDIGO
$90.00 | Horchow
Aster Grey Ava 5-Light Nickel Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™