Any plans online?

inkycrabJune 23, 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans online on what recipes to make that utilize the same main ingredients? For example, the other day I ran across a blog and she mentioned making two sloppy joe batches for sloppy joes one night and then sloppy joe pizza another. I like the idea of cooking once for two meals. I know I could figure this out myself but if there are already plans somewhere that would get me thinking it would great.

Thanks,

Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynic

I used to do some bulk cooking occasionally, started actually and was enjoying it before I got busted up and haven't gotten back into it lately.

What I'd do is buy 5-10# of hamburger when I could get the good stuff on sale, cheap. I'd be buying lean burger for 99¢ a pound! Boy are those days gone and it's not that many years. But I digress. Anyway, I'd cook it up with a bunch of onion and drain it off, cool it and bag it up and freeze it. From that, here's a sampling of what I could make: Sloppy joes, pizza, spaghetti, tacos, taco salad, soup, stew, quesidillas, pizza burgers, hotdish, fried rice and more. I used to go through a lot of burger!

One time I bought 20# and took 1/2 and cooked with onions, and the other 1/2 I divided into a couple 2# blocks, a few 1# blocks and the rest I made into hamburger patties and stocked up the freezer. Same meat and a whole big bunch of meals. BTW, I'd use the blocks for meatloaf and anything else that I wanted to make without onions in it.

I did a quick search to see if there's plans out there. Maybe some of these will be of some help to you.

Let us know what you find.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our old friend found these...

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 2:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inkycrab

I remember those hamburger prices, depressing!

I did some searching and most of the good stuff I found was under this phrase below. I didn't find any plans per se but I did get some inspiration to do it on my own.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cook once eat twice

Bookmark   June 30, 2008 at 10:36PM
More Discussions
crock pot,is that what this is?
I pulled it out, got it as a wedding gift, used it...
KayCee
For those of you with food savers
Do you reuse the bags? If so, is there an easy way...
seasyde
Favorite family recipe?
OK lets have your family's favorite recipe.
RuthieG in MA
nesco roaster
Does anyone have a Nesco Roaster? We've been thinking...
Rae
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
RuthieG__TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™