Either I've flipped or the layout needs to--please look at this!

deedlesFebruary 22, 2013

Sorry, false alarm. DH says no go so don't want to waste anymore of your time. I'll have to tweak the layout that we have.

This post was edited by deedles on Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 7:15

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aloha2009

I couldn't find the original with the kitchen on the other side for comparison. Could you add the link?

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 6:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
localeater

Ok I'll play. Is this about keeping traffic out of the kitchen? Because I think you just moved the kitchen away from the views. It is ok, preferable for TV watching rooms to be dark, did you just put the tv in direct sun? Where do you spend most of your time, where does DH, when you entertain what kind of entertaining and where in your house does it occur.
I would not like carrying groceries that far. I know that you have a designated entry way, but I feel stuff is now going to get dumped in the LR and that might bug me more. We grill a lot I hate carrying food through the house to the deck, you have created that situation. Since you said all cards are on the table, have you ever tried a galley against the wall where you have the woodstove now? Stove against the stairs, sink across. Keep a peripheral walkway open, but it could still have storage.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 7:21AM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Polished chrome and polished nickel fixtures in same kitchen?
This is what I get for not figuring everything out...
windycitylindy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™