Help, All This Chicken!!!!

Deb-NEMay 27, 2001

I told my dh to get some chicken out for tomorrow and we would cook some on the grill. I didn't tell him to get it all out. Now I have a whole cut up fryer out plus a pack of wings and a pack of thighs. I can't cook all of it on the grill, it's just going to be the two of us and maybe my dd. Help, I don't want it to go to waste. Thanks Deb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG_mediaone_net

Sorry I missed your post yesterday. I checked the board a couple of times but not after you posted I guess. Hope you got the help you needed at the KT...

So let's make this another question now....

What would you all have done if you had all this chicken?

Bookmark   May 28, 2001 at 11:22AM
debfb_uswest_net

it's okay Ruthie I still could use a few suggestions, I put all of it in the fridge overnight and now I'm looking at it and still am baffled!!! I know we will cook some on the grill tonight, but I'm thinking of putting some in my crockpot and making soup or something. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks Deb

Bookmark   May 28, 2001 at 11:55AM
RuthieG_mediaone_net

I would cook as much as I could on the grill and load the rest in the oven or the crock pot or even just boil it. It will be good to use in many casseroles and that sort of thing. It's nice to have precooked meat in the freezer to use on the spur of the moment.

Bookmark   May 28, 2001 at 1:21PM
bamcrafts_mail_com

Marinade the wings, cook them and them put them in the freezer as hot wings.
Cook thighs & rest of the chicken you cannot eat in the oven. After it's baked place in freezer bag. When used, place in crock pot with favorite BBQ sauce. It comes out so good!

Bookmark   May 28, 2001 at 9:22PM
mzdee_excite_com

Thighs cooked in the crockpot or boiled make wonderful chicken enchilada casseroles. Make the sauce with lowfat cream of chicken soup, shredded chicken, peppers and onions. Add other spices to make it as authentic as you dare. Layer on tortillas and bake. In the last 15 minutes or so, layer on cheese. Serve with sour cream and a side of rice and beans.

Bookmark   May 29, 2001 at 8:26AM
yvette5201_hotmail_com

Boil it all up and divide it for several recipes. you could make a chicken and dressing casserole and freeze it before cooking( I use the disposable aluminum foil pans), you could also make a mexican chicken casserole,and freeze before cooking. A chicken and rice casserole, etc.....the list goes on and on. We eat alot of chicken at our house. Lots of casseroles. I usually boil up all my chicken that will not be used for grilling and make up the dishes before hand..... Freeze, and taa-daa..... no cooking on those nights that I am pressed for time due to ball games,practices, cheerleading, etc.......

Mexican casserole:

3 cups of chicken cubed
1 can of creeam of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel
6 - 8 american cheese slices
4 - 6 pepperjack cheese slices
1 bag of chips (Dorito's or jsut nahco cheese tortilla chips)

Layer chips on bottom of casserole dish
Mix: chicken, soups, and rotel
pour in pan, layer cheese on top and then add more chips to cover soup mix. cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 - 30 minutes then remove foil abd bake another 5 minutes or until chips are browned. If I am going to freeze this, I usually Do not add the chips and cheese until ready to cook. I just layer soup mix in bottom of pan and cover with foil and freeze..
Hope this helps.

Bookmark   May 30, 2001 at 7:33AM
More Discussions
Recommendations for an upright freezer?
Hey all, I'm looking to purchasing an upright freezer...
melindy
chopped salad timesaver
My mother made chopped salads. I have found my method...
dahlia6
Patty pan squash lasagne - how to freeze?
I want to make a simple lasagne using patty pan squash...
jennholly
Bread Maker Recipes?
Hi All, I'm new to this forum, and think it's really...
Mary
nesco roaster
Does anyone have a Nesco Roaster? We've been thinking...
Rae
Sponsored Products
Kitchen Utensil Red Stainless Steel Wall Clock
Classic Hostess
Bella Vita Fire Pit
FRONTGATE
Kenroy Home Tanglewood Outdoor Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Astro Chrome Twelve-Light Chandelier with Clear Royal Cut Crystals
$780.00 | Bellacor
Grande Hotel Collection Posture Support 14-inch Queen-size Trizone Memory Foam M
Overstock.com
Ivory Protective Rug Pad
$10.99 | zulily
Poly Lumber Fly-Thru 16" x 17" Platform Bird Feeder
Fifthroom.com
Radiant Curved Hardwired Heated Towel Rail 32 x 24 Brushed or Polished
Hudson Reed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™