Help! Just One More Quick Question re: Sticky Chicken Recipe

sallyMay 8, 2001

Ok, recipe says to bake the chicken in a shallow baking dish. Figured I would use my roaster (uncovered of course) but there again it is not a shallow baking pan. I also have a rack in my roaster and figuring it would be best to put it on the rack? What kind of pan do you all bake yours in? I went back to the store and found the white pepper! Umph! they are proud of that (expensive) but it is in there now. Got that little bird cleaned, dried off and rubbed down real good and it is sitting in the refrigerator just waiting to be tomarrows dinner. So, please let me know about the type of baking pan you use and again, Thanks to all!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debruk_aol_com

Sally, I just use my 13 x 9 inch pan...the one I use for brownies, roasts etc. the roaster's ok too just make sure to baste it after it's been cooking for a while.

It does make a good tasting chicken!

Debby

Bookmark   May 8, 2001 at 9:17PM
RuthieG_mediaone_net

Me too...my 9 X 13...I cover my dish with foil just to save on the cleanp. I don't think the pan is overly important.

Bookmark   May 9, 2001 at 3:03PM
vikilinbr_hotmail_com

I read this the first time as "Stinky" chicken recipe!! I must be tired!!

Bookmark   May 9, 2001 at 3:05PM
michelleanastasia_hotmail_com

I want to pass this on without sounding like a know it all--but it'll save you all time and money-- there's very little difference between white and black pepper. White pepper is slightly milder but its main appeal is that it doesn't stand out in cream sauces/soups or other white or light colored dishes like black pepper does. So go ahead and skip it in your sticky chicken!

Bookmark   May 10, 2001 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
Make-ahead pancakes??????
There have long been frozen, microwavable pancakes...
bizzybee
George Foreman Grill
I received a small one for a birthday present. Has...
nita1950
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
RuthieG__TX
Do I have to refrigerate Kosher Dill Pickles!!?
I purchased from Walmart last night a large jar of...
nita1950
Freezer Cooking for 2
My parents are caring for my terminally ill uncle....
gen76eva
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™