Diamond vs. Kraftmaid Cabinets

xeedooFebruary 20, 2009

I am in the process of deciding on cabinets and getting quotes from Lowes/HomeDepot and Local cabinet dealer (Salt Lake City). I am looking at Kraftmaid Ashbury Maple cabinets(Lowes brand) vs. Diamond Selena and prices are very similar. Is there any quality difference between the two manufacturers? Any comments which one to pick since prices are with in few hundred dollars range.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
polly929

I have Diamond, and the reason we went with them was to get the toe-kick drawers, which were not available with Kraftmaid. When my design was done, I ended up not being able to even get the darn toe-kick drawers because the are only available with certain sized cabinets, which were not in my kitchen. Oh well.

Bookmark   February 20, 2009 at 8:14AM
nalcar

In addition to the cabinet line themselves you should consider the dealer. I have had a mixed experience at HD, but I have had 3 perfect transactions with Lowe's in my area; KM cabinets arrived perfectly. Orders for addtional parts were fast also. You should find that out.

Also, in these times I'd be sure, if ordering through a private dealer, that a credit card payment is acceptable. About a year ago I almost went through buycabinets.com, but for that issue. We all know what has transpired since that time. You never know.

Bookmark   February 20, 2009 at 10:10AM
twinkletoesmomma

I was wondering if anyone knows if the painted finishes are the same on these two brands. I am looking at the bright whites in these cabinet lines, but want the ones that are less shiny/ more matte finish. Does anyone know offhand? I had planned Kraftmaid because I thought they were cheaper, but now I am learning that the prices are about the same. I guess the paint finish is going to be the decision maker. Thanks.

Bookmark   February 25, 2009 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
Can you use IKEA base cabinets as wall cabinets?
Wanting something larger for over-the-fridge than their...
lookintomyeyes83
What are your thoughts on Ikea Sektion base cabinets?
I've commented here over and over that since this little...
benjesbride
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Conestoga whites
For those of you that have conestoga cabinets in one...
tigger9759
Sponsored Products
Has a Ring to It Dish
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
New Super Kazak Modern Style Pakistan Hand Knotted 3'X5' Oriental Area Rug H5213
BH Sun Inc
Crossing Diamond Rug 5'6" x 8'6" - SLATE
$529.00 | Horchow
Diamond Mini Pendant by Eglo
$126.00 | Lumens
Sample-Roman Collection Emperial Slate Diamond Glass Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
WAC Modern Forms | Window LED Outdoor Wall Light
$259.00 | YLighting
Rainbow II Bronze One-Light Diamond Wall Sconce with Turquoise Glass
$310.50 | Bellacor
K'NEX Plants vs. Zombies Pirate Ship Building Set - 53439