Question about tumbled marble back splash and paint color ?

bluestarrgalleryFebruary 10, 2013

Do you think the tumbled marble back splash should go all the way to the ceiling and down to the floor on this wall? I think it would look better that way, what do you think, have you seen a kitchen with that much tile before?

Also when we first moved here I painted the kitchen coral but now I am thinking of painting the walls a gray color. Do you have any recommendations on colors for the walls? Cabinets are an off white and appliances are stainless steel.

Thanks so much for your advice.

This post was edited by springvillegardens on Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 5:38

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
finestra

I put a finished/bull-nosed thick pencil at the end of my backsplash run that ran from the bottom of the top cabinet and down to the counter top.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 8:46AM
bluestarrgallery

Thanks, I decided to leave it like it is, but would like recommendations for a paint color?

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 10:35AM
live_wire_oak

Behr Peanut Butter. It has the warm orangeish tones, but is much browner. Or SW Iviore if you want something lighter. It really goes with the warm tones that you have. Grey does not. Unless you want your travertine to read as pink. Because that is what gray will do to it.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 10:39AM
bluestarrgallery

Hi live wire oak, the back splash is gray and white but my lighting in the kitchen makes everythng look more warm or yellow tone for some reason (fluorescent). I really don't like an orangeish tone at all, the laminate counter has no orange in it but beige, black and gray.

here's another photo of the back splash and counter.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 11:22AM
bluestarrgallery

please disregard this post, I am posting another post for the paint color because I forgot to show the back splash with the sealer on it which makes it a different color, thanks.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 11:54AM
More Discussions
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
Bluestar Drop-in Cooktop review
I recently installed my new BlueStar 36" drop...
FFSchooley
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™