Kitchen Window placement

mirucaFebruary 3, 2013

This design is modeled after mpagamom's kitchen - although her cabinets were white. The cabinets along the long side are a bit different also, which brings me to my question about whether it looks odd or off kilter that the kitchen window has unequal wall space on either side of the window.

To give a better idea of the space here are a couple of more pics. The three upper cabinets that come to the counter will likely have glass on the upper part and not a drawer at the counter.

And here is the plan layout:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miruca

May have posted too early in the day .. bumping...hoping to get some comments on this .. to finalize placement and sink placement. My eyes have grown too familiar with it to make the call.

Thank you for the help!

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 7:06PM
Linelle

I am not a design or layout maven. I don't mind the unequal wall space, but there's something about that skinny cabinet on the left that does bug me and I think it accentuates the unequal space.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 7:23PM
miruca

Thank you...you say it and I see it...just too darn close to it to see on my own.

Do you think it is the width of the cabinet or the cabinet itself?

In two pics below I've adjusted the width to match the other "to the counter cabinet"; in one I left the window uncentered and the other I tried to center it (the outer windows are also 2" narrower each due to program issues).

Part of my dilema is that centering the window changes the bottom cabinet layout - I lose a nice 15" pullout for garbage on one side of the sink.

Urghh...just too close and perhaps too vested in the bottom cabinet layout ... I want it to work and maybe it just doesn't.

Below is the centered version:

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 9:46PM
More Discussions
Largest flushmount sink for 36" cabinest
Can anyone point me to the largest flushmount sink...
akjr_gw
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
What do you think of leathered surfaces? and why?
So I did my first foray into a granite yard today....
lawjedi
Looking for stainless steel sink recommendations
Hey GW - I am looking for a single bowl SS sink for...
swatyreno
Corner Drawers instead of Lazy Susan?
If you have them, do you like them? There are 2 corner...
beekeeperswife
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™