Freezing ribs

PrairieCloverJanuary 19, 2006

Hi,

I'm making some freezer meals for a family in my neighbourhood. I'm wondering about how to freeze ribs. Can I just take any ribs recipe, make it and then throw them into the freezer? Also how do you re-heat them after they are frozen? Can they be re-heated from a frozen state, or do they need to be thawed first? I did find a great slow-cooker recipe for ribs on allrecipes, so I'm wondering if, once they are done if I can freeze them. Thanks for the tips!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Terrapots

I can only offer my observations as I have never frozen ribs after cooking but I have purchased ready to warm up meats and they work out fine. (But I've stayed at a Holiday Inn, LOL) The longer time to heat if frozen would tend to dry them out before thawed I believe. If you freeze them without too much liquid, freeze, and then vacuum seal them it would probably minimize freezer burn if kept too long. I would thaw them before microwaving, however. I've frozen soups and foods with liquid but only problem is that it takes a long time to thaw out unless you prepare in container suitable for microwave so I plan ahead with these. Note that microwave meals are small portions and thus can be heated in a short time so keep this in mind. Hope this helps, you've probably figured this much out yourself. How do you fix your ribs?

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 2:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX

Yes just cook them and then freeze them...wrap them in foil and they can go straight into the oven frozen....or unwrap and nuke...

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
crock pot,is that what this is?
I pulled it out, got it as a wedding gift, used it...
KayCee
Freezer Cooking for 2
My parents are caring for my terminally ill uncle....
gen76eva
Rachael Ray week in a day-Hungarian shepherds pie
I think I got my answer from looking at the posts above,...
norwega
TV dinner freezer containers
Does anyone know of or have a source for plastic tv...
Mistyme
Living in a shed
HaHa..I'm not joking...we have moved back to TX from...
RuthieG__TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™