Newcomer & New Recipe
Just found this site & have copied several recipes; would like to offer one of my favorites.
Smothered Hamburger Steak with Mushroom Gravy
1 2/3 pounds lean ground beef, prefer sirloin
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, approximate
1 can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
1 can Campbell's Beefy Mushroom soup
1 large stalk celery, chopped
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 4 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 ounce Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
cooking oil spray
1. In a mixing bowl, combine soups, mushrooms, celery, garlic salt, black pepper, and Worcester sauce.
2. Place chopped onion in a deep skillet with olive oil and sautÃ© lightly.
3. After onion softens, add soup mixture to skillet and cook on low until just boiling.
4. Mix ground beef with Ranch dressing and thicken with bread crumbs; form into 4-5 oblong ÂmeatloafÂ patties.
5. Roll uncooked patties in flour and arrange in a 9x13 greased baking dish.
6. Pour mushroom gravy sauce over patties and bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for an hour.