ESI Sinks?

sail_awayFebruary 17, 2013

Anyone here familiar with ESI SS sinks? We've found a local company that offers a free ESI SS sink with the granite countertops. We are redoing our kitchen piecemail, but now we need to replace all appliances (except refrigerator---we will do that a bit later when we have saved up the money) at the same time we have the granite put in. I originally thought I would order a Ticor sink, then later Kraus, but it would really, really help if we could accept the free sink---unless anyone can tell me why that wouldn't be a good idea.

I'm hoping someone here is familiar with these sinks. Thanks.

I'm editing my original post to add that I just found out the name of the ESI sink is Linea Bellagio. Attached are the specs for the LB-100 sink (we would get the LB-400, which is a single bowl (outer = 31-1/4"x18"; inner = 29-1/2"x16'1/2"; and it's 9" deep). I've added a link to the double bowl sink (not the one we're geting, but same manufacturer).

Here is a link that might be useful: Linea Bellagio sinks

This post was edited by sail-away on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 13:17

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Rachiele, LLC

I am not familiar with this brand. I am familiar with several stories about "free" stainless sinks with granite countertops. Typically, these are very cheap sinks that come from China. I have heard numerous stories about these types of sinks having rusting issues. Just be very careful. As the saying goes... if it is free, there must be a reason!

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 11:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sail_away

Drachiele, That's what I'm afraid of. We're already accepting that we have to go with a very narrow range of granite choices in order to keep within the budget, and we are stretching to the limit to get this done. If we have to buy a sink separately, we'll have to stretch even more. Does knowing that it is 18-gauge helpful?

I understand what you're saying about products from China. OTOH, it's my understanding that both the Ticor and the Kraus sinks are from China, as well.

Initially, when they mentioned the free sink, the first thing I said was, "What if we want our own sink?" because of concern for what we would get. However, once we started adding up everything, I thought it would be worth it, especialy if someone had firsthand experience with this sink. DH thinks free is the way to go----and I agree, if I could find evidence that it's okay, given budget constraints.

I was hoping someone would know specifically about these sinks so I could go ahead with confidence or have actual, firsthand experience to use in persuading DH that we need to get our own sink.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
KitchenCraft - will they last a lifetime?
Fell in love with a specific painted door when cruising...
lookintomyeyes83
Kitchen colors....need something happy and vintage :)
I want to try to go a bit vintage with my low-dollar...
lavender_lass
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Any good, light-weight cookware out there?
I'm really not complaining. I cook on All-Clad and...
eam44
Kitchen quote for RTA
I am shopping around for a redesigned kitchen. Below...
vonecu4
Sponsored Products
25 Inch Patriot Premium 18 Gauge Top-Mount / Drop-In Stainless Steel Kitchen Isl
eModern Decor
Manhattan Bath Vanity
Lightology
Circus Gold Vessel Sink | Gold Leaf Bathroom Sink
maestrobath
30" Provence Series White Wall-Mount Range Hood - 600 CFM
Signature Hardware
Crinkle Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Latitude 1-lt Vanity Wall
LBC Lighting
Accara 30" Bathroom Vanity - Espresso w/ White Carrera Marble Counter