Follow Up to Long Distance Marriage

akaDeniseNovember 1, 2002

Well, we're surviving the distance. Instead of 3600 miles away, he found a great job only 138 miles from home. So, I'm typing this and waiting for him to drive home tonight. We survive by having tons of cell phone minutes and long chatty phone calls every night. He calls me in the morning before we leave for work just to say hi and that makes the day start out great.

What really helped me adjust was the well wishes and advice I got from you folks earlier.

Thanks!

Denise

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carlotta_Bull

I'm glad to hear he's close enough to be home quickly if there's an emergency!

Hope all continues to go well.

Bookmark   November 8, 2002 at 12:23AM
puddlejumper

I'm puddlejumper, but I used to be post as akaDenise.

Just thought I'd give an update. No good news to share however.

After 23 years of marriage and a whole lot of love, we are in the process of divorcing.

In March he fell for a coworker and started an affair. The marriage just fell apart. I couldn't understand how we'd gone from being such a happy loving couple to near strangers - just like that. Well, I finally got him to tell the truth in August. There is no possibility for reconcilation. There were just too many lies and too much betrayal. He used to pray with me on the phone each night and then head over to her house.

I guess I just needed to post this and close the book on my marriage.

Bookmark   September 10, 2003 at 3:23PM
woodie2

Hi Puddlejumper. I remember you from the Cooking Forum quite a long time ago! So sorry about your problems, I was divorced a very long time ago but will never forget how awful it was. Time will certainly help you to feel better and get on with your life. Good Luck!

Bookmark   December 27, 2003 at 1:37PM
ann_t

Denise, Like Woodie I also remember you from the Cooking forum. The last time I remember you posting you were in the process of getting your house ready to sell so that you could move. I'm so sorry that things have turned out this way for you. Please think about coming back to the Cooking forum. A lot of your old friends are still posting there and I know that they would be happy to see you again.

Take Care

Ann

Bookmark   December 28, 2003 at 11:11AM
Karissa

Isn't life a pip. You never know which direction it will take you. Hope you have the love of friends and family in addition to your faith to sustain you through the baad times. This too shall pass. Wishing you many happy surprises in 2004. Hugs!!!

Bookmark   December 31, 2003 at 6:23PM
More Discussions
how my husband requests sex
whenever my husband asks for sex, he first requests...
sam8th
My marriage is falling apart, I don't know what to do
There is no short way to put this. I am going to include...
DistressedWife
Intimacy Issues
My wife and I married at the age of 16, we were pregnant...
feedman
Scarlett's List of People to Avoid (Romantically)
Reading some of these recent posts, I'm moved to start...
scarlett2001
Viagara - Sorry long
Here's my issue a few months back my hubby (45) had...
turkeytrott
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™