Is a 1.8 or 1.5 kitchen faucet flow rate disfunctional?

BettyBoop999February 5, 2014

Hello. Is 1.8 or 1.5 an annoyingly light/slow flow rate for a kitchen faucet? I've been trying to select a faucet for my prep sink for a while now. I'm looking for a smaller size as my prep sink is located on the island and only 10x12". Many of the bar faucets have a lower flow rate, but I'm not sure what to compare that to in terms of my actual faucet experiences. As an aside, is there no small faucet in satin nickel with a pull-down spray that is not ridiculously expensive? Ack!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Certainly not. It might take an extra 18 seconds to fill a pot, but that's it. With the old 2 gpm faucets, it takes 1 minute to fill a 8 quart stockpot. With a 1.5 gpm, it only adds 18 seconds. If yourselfers life is so fast paced 18 extra seconds is too long to wait, then cooking at all is probably too time consuming.

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 7:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

My husband insisted on a 2.2 gpm faucet for the primary sink and you know what, most of the time I have to turn it down! Sure, it would take longer to fill a large pot with a lower gpm faucet, but that's not what you're using it for most of the time.

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™