White Cabs, Espresso Island, Bianco Antico - Lots of Pics!
After months of blood, sweat and tears and hours of time spent on Gardenweb, I am happy to preview our kitchen. Many, many thanks to everyone here. If it wasn't for the advice of those here on this forum, the design of my kitchen would have been so different.
I love my kitchen. My 9' island, my banquette, my hood! Everything! Thank you GardenWeb!
Originally, I wanted a dark wood kitchen but then decided the kitchen would be too dark with the dark wood floors so we went white and I am so happy we did. As for the countertop, I was lusting for a calacatta gold marble but DH was adamantly against it as he didn't want the maintenance. When we walked by the Bianco Antico granite in the slabyard, we had a visceral reaction to it and fell in love.
(I've reposted this as I don't know how to combine pictures in a post)
Here are some details:
- Dunn Edwards Swiss Coffee on paint grade wood cabinets
- Espresso stained island - rift white oak wood
- Wolf 48" Sealed Gas Rangetop with grill
- Wolf Double Oven
- Modernaire hood (this was an incredible deal as it was 55 3/4" wide and I got it less than dealer cost!)
- GE Monogram 48" fridge
- Jennair warming drawer (hidden behind a drawer front on island)
- Bosch Evolution 800 Dishwashers
- Never MT soap pump extender
- Kohler Polished Nickel Soap Pump
- Kohler Vinnata Polished Nickel faucet on Master sink
- Rohl Perrin & Rowe Polished Nickel faucet on island
- Kohler sinks
- Floors are 2" oak stained dark brown without any red in it.
- Baldwin knobs and pulls in Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Dahl 2" x 4" white #100 subway tile
- There are two toekick drawers for platters
- Cookbook shelf is at the end of the island near the rangetop
- Microwave (Sharp) is in the upper right cabinet to the left of the fridge
- Island Pendants are Aspen Iron Ceiling Lights from Circalighting.com
- Shade above banquette from onekingslane.com
The banquette was custom made by a local restaurant banquette manufacturer here in Los Angeles. www.customqualitybooths.com.
From Cavendish house